NaNoWriMo 2017: Word Count Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoghurtelf

yoghurt elf say wheeee!
Registered
Reaction score
Well done, sockycat and other winners, and also those who are living like turtles :) Every word written is a word that you didn't have to work with before. :)

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Congratulations, Rose!

With a 2,650 word day, I have officially finished my NaNo at a total of 52,946, with one finished novel (14,540), two short stories (3,480), and one novella (34,926).

sockycat

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats to everyone that has won! And for those still plugging along-- every word you put down is still a victory. What matters is that you're writing.

Now I see why people get addicted to NaNo. Writing at a whirlwind pace was kind of enjoyable because I didn't have time to worry about things being messy or not making sense. I just had to plunge forward.

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A grand total of 6,335 as of today, and I fear my most recent stuff is mostly backstory - essentially thinking on the page. Never mind, they're words and they continue to be solid.

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
Day 21: 2,035

Total: 45,387

I'm thinking it'll wrap up around 52k. I still don't have my last line (which is unusual for me) but I've pictured the final scene.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
My goal for the day is to both hit 50K and get to the end of the novel. I have some stuff to add to the beginning, and a chapter I want to rewrite in the other POV, so this won't be the last writing I do for NaNo, but those are my goals :greenie

Atalanta

Bring me a knitting needle.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ajaxkallistrate.com
1,801 today.

47,188 total.

I wanted to finish the current scene but my inspiration dried up. Hunting invisible chameleons is beyond me at the moment. I'll try again tomorrow.

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
Those days when you planned to write a fight scene...and you didn't actually think out at all how your protagonists actually fight.

Still got in 2,606 words for Day 22, which brings me up...50,106.

:partyguy:

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Day 22: 1769
TOTAL: 47,085

Since I won't be going anywhere or doing anything tomorrow for US Thanksgiving, I'll easily hit win #14.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Day 22: 4794
Total: 48,283

So I may have reached the end, but by rights, Ren should get a final chapter, and I'm not sure about the current ending. What I really need is to see how the novel begins before I can end it right.

I would have had a lot less last-minute with this maybe-end today if I hadn't had a charging emergency. Keep your fingers crossed that my computer charges tonight after I plug it in. On Friday, I'll buy a new cord, but I can't do much about it tomorrow if I can't get it to charge again.

Tamlyn

fish skeleton
Registered
Reaction score
I should be in bed. Must finish reading forums...

Day 19: 2099
Day 20: 1209
Day 21: 1799
Day 22: 2113
Day 23: 2019

Total: 39,277

Had a good run! 20th and 23rd are work days, but I actually did some writing on the train home today and got a lovely amount (there was an attack for the last two days wordage. Fights make words flow). On non-workdays, I spend all day doing packing and sorting (interstate move in *gulp* less than a month now), then do writing in the evening so no massive numbers for me. Pretty close to feeling normal health-wise (still tire easily) which also helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.