My Favorite Meal at Work

CapnJack

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, I am trying to lose a bit of weight. But whenever my favorite cook is at work (I work in a restaurant), I usually get the following:

French Toast and French Fries (Extra Crispy).

Probably not the most healthy of meals, but it's kept me full on break.

- - - Updated - - -

Meh

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Curse the French and their extremely delicious high calorie foods! (Yeah, I know fries aren't really French.) The meal alone is probably more calories than I should consume in a whole day.

Maryn, round

CapnJack

Registered
Reaction score
I only eat it when that chef is in though. In my opinion, he's the only one of our cooks that we have that knows how to do the toast the way I like it.

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I live and work in Silicon Valley (but not in tech) and even non-tech companies around here have what I call "lunch programs for the over-priviledged" (because really, none of us need to have lunch provided, it's just a perk to woo employees). We get breakfast brought in 3 times a week, mostly bagels and fruit, but on Fridays we get croissant sammiches. We get lunch twice a week; the mediterranean stuff is the best. But our monthly social lunch events (hosted either by a subcontractor or an internal department)... It's the tacos. Chorizo in warm corn tortillas with guac and lime, and beans and rice on the side. Super tasty! They're what I'm hoping for tomorrow, but since it's the Saftety department doing the Memorial Day bbq, it'll probably just be steak. (I really hope my sarcastic sense of entitlement is coming through in that sentence).