2k words a Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

krhee85

Registered
Reaction score
My creative juices have stalled which sucks. So my personal goal is to hit 2k words written per day. I want to be able to really stay focused and finally finish my first draft. I've been stuck around the half-way mark on this novel for the past four months as life and everything else got in the way, though I know that's just an excuse. For me, falling off of writing is like falling off from exercising. The longer I procrastinate, the harder it is to get back (and the quality of writing is crap too). 2k words a day...I can do it! Everything is all there (I outline like a fiend) and just waiting for me to type it to life.

Evelyn_Alexie

Registered
Reaction score
You can do it. Try something different. Write long-hand if the blank screen is too intimidating. Write in the library if home or a coffeeshop is too distracting. Get a bunch of friends to all promise to commit too. Whatever it takes.

Last month, I pledged to write every day for 30 days. I came back to the thread and updated my post every day because it helped me to be publicly accountable.

If guilt helps, picture me standing here with my arms crossed, waiting for you to check back in.
I might be tapping my foot a bit, too.
Tap tap tap

And if you're still reading this, STOP READING AND GO WRITE! NOW!

(Okay. No more shouting.Sorry if I hurt your eardrums. But really. Go. Shoo. Off with you now.)

Status
Not open for further replies.