Status
Not open for further replies.

princessvessna

Garden Geek Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
treesandshrubs.about.com
PrincessV/Tomato chick: thanks for the link yesterday...meant to get back to you on that. Campbell's is doing a free tomato seed give away, but when I went to write it I found that they aren't starting until March 15. So I'm going to wait a little longer. If you want to tell your readers about it: http://www.helpgrowyoursoup.com/ffa They're also painting farmers barns red and going to give out some grants for school gardens. Did you know Campbell's had their own seed company?

Oh you're an angel! That's perfect - I am always looking for 2 tomato topics a week. It's been harder in the middle of winter. Thanks so much. And, you're wecome. If you ever need any more gardening help, it's my world :)

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.denisebertacchi.wordpress.com
That's perfect - I am always looking for 2 tomato topics a week. It's been harder in the middle of winter.

Wow, 2 tomato stories a week...can you talk about eating them too, or just growing them?

I love tomatoes, but my hubby can't stand them. He thinks there's something wrong with a veggie that looks undeveloped on the inside.

Thrillride

A Suburban Farmer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.asuburbanfarmer.com
Wow, 2 tomato stories a week...can you talk about eating them too, or just growing them?

I love tomatoes, but my hubby can't stand them. He thinks there's something wrong with a veggie that looks undeveloped on the inside.

Hey, do you know the details on the Campbell's seed give-a-way? I'd love to write about it for Examiner!

princessvessna

Garden Geek Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
treesandshrubs.about.com

It's a blog devoted to tomatoes. We talk about growing them a ton, but especially in winter, it's anything to do with tomatoes.

I am the same way with my best guy pal. I dont like onions and he doesnt like tomatoes, so we trade. Mmmmm tomatoes.

Thrillride

A Suburban Farmer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.asuburbanfarmer.com
It's a blog devoted to tomatoes. We talk about growing them a ton, but especially in winter, it's anything to do with tomatoes.

I am the same way with my best guy pal. I dont like onions and he doesnt like tomatoes, so we trade. Mmmmm tomatoes.

Tomatoes are awesome! It's good that there's a site devoted to them!

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Barb - you might be able to use this:http://www.newswise.com/articles/view/549595/?sc=rsla
"Largest Family Literacy Conference to Begin March 1"
It's at Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort in Orlando.

I got this off of newswise.com, a great press release site. They do lots of interesting reports on science, medicine & business stuff. I saw about Science Geek's (what the heck is your name here?) psychedelic frog fish on this site the other day too. If you can prove that you're a journalist (with clips or links) they'll give you a press pass so you can read reports before they are released to the public. Really cool stuff is "embargoed" which give you time to send a query out before it hits the blogosphere.

Edit: Our Science Geek Is Princess Vessna - sorry I didn't think of that fast enough. I couldn't connect the dots between tomatos and frog fish and come up with your name!

Last edited:

stldenise

Scout Mom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thrill (per twitter conversation): I had to go back here and see what you were talking about... The tomato thing can be looked up at http://www.helpgrowyoursoup.com/ffa

The site isn't giving any big details yet - we need to wait until March 15. I saw it in a add in April's Family Circle, page 124 (I've got it sitting next to the computer). The ad says "get free Campbell's tomato seeds when you buy Campbell's condensed soup. Blah blah blah...and with your request, we'll make a donation to help plant gardens in communities and schools across America."

If you go to the site you can see something about their plans, but they aren't saying how it works yet.

Thrillride

A Suburban Farmer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.asuburbanfarmer.com
Thrill (per twitter conversation): I had to go back here and see what you were talking about... The tomato thing can be looked up at http://www.helpgrowyoursoup.com/ffa

The site isn't giving any big details yet - we need to wait until March 15. I saw it in a add in April's Family Circle, page 124 (I've got it sitting next to the computer). The ad says "get free Campbell's tomato seeds when you buy Campbell's condensed soup. Blah blah blah...and with your request, we'll make a donation to help plant gardens in communities and schools across America."

If you go to the site you can see something about their plans, but they aren't saying how it works yet.

That's so cool. Super-smart on Campbell's part considering all the home- growing the country is about to embark on!

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Wow! More new Examiners...congrats! This is getting really exciting. I noticed that Examiner brought on several new writers in Orlando, and I'm guessing it's the same for other cities as well. I hope they are able to develop this into something solid and viable for the long term. The money will go up with the traffic, and so far the swag alone has been worth it. Who would have ever thought I'd get to meet Ruben, my favorite Idol, as well as Simon Fuller and more? Good stuff!

Autodidact

...in my Maidenform Bra.
Registered
Reaction score
Wow! More new Examiners...congrats! This is getting really exciting. I noticed that Examiner brought on several new writers in Orlando, and I'm guessing it's the same for other cities as well. I hope they are able to develop this into something solid and viable for the long term. The money will go up with the traffic, and so far the swag alone has been worth it. Who would have ever thought I'd get to meet Ruben, my favorite Idol, as well as Simon Fuller and more? Good stuff!

Ruben is a sweetie, but Fantasia!!!!

inkkognito

Onlyifyouwanttowillyoufin daway-Enya
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.barbnefer.com
Has anyone else noticed their hits dropping lately? I was close to 1000 per day, and for the past several days I've been lucky to get 500. Not sure what's up with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.