View Single Post
Old 09-29-2011, 07:23 AM   #1
Lydia Sharp
for the love of love

Lydia Sharp should run for PresidentLydia Sharp should run for PresidentLydia Sharp should run for PresidentLydia Sharp should run for PresidentLydia Sharp should run for PresidentLydia Sharp should run for President
[Display site] Publishers' Desk

I received an invite to this place through email. I'm not considering joining, but thought I'd start a thread for it in case anyone is.

The service claims to connect agents and authors through their site instead of using the standard method -- querying -- and also claims to connect the agents & authors with publishers.

There is a quick explanation video on the main page of the site, here:

http://www.publishersdesk.com/

But I found it to not really explain much. I don't see how this is any better than researching agents and sending queries to the agents who you feel would be the best fit. It's almost like a "lazy man's" approach to querying -- let them do all the work for you. If I'm wrong in how I interpreted this, someone please correct me.

Here is a copy of the email I received:

Quote:
Dear Author

You are receiving this message because we know you are a good and active author.

Please visit PUBLISHERS’ DESK and see how you can get a respected literary agent to represent you or even get your works published by a renowned publisher. And if you have already been published, congratulations! Now you can offer your work to agents and publishers all over the world. Watch our animation and see how it works: www.publishersdesk.com.

PUBLISHERS’ DESK brings together a large group of authors, publishers, and literary agents, from many countries. We have already made possible the publication of over a thousand works.

COME AND SIGN UP FOR FREE.
And yes, we also have paid subscription plans, in case you are interested. Learn the advantages of each option and then decide.

PUBLISHERS’ DESK
Bringing Authors and Publishers together
www.publishersdesk.com
Has anyone heard of this place and/or have any experience with them?

(Personally, I don't see the point of it)

Lydia Sharp
YA author represented by Laura Bradford
editorial assistant with Entangled Publishing
frequently on Twitter

Lydia Sharp is offline   Reply With Quote