View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 12:40 AM   #146
wannawrite
practical experience, FTW

wannawrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesswannawrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesswannawrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesswannawrite leaves trails of profuse coolnesswannawrite leaves trails of profuse coolness
Okay. I just visited the site and I really, seriously, physically feel ill. I keep remembering myself, back in the day, stumbling around with my (pitiful) first mss. in hand, looking for an agent/publisher. I ALMOST went with PA, just because they made it sound so attractive, but something pulled me back from the edge at the last minute. Now, if it had been HQN soliciting me, with their gigantic reputation and litany of empty promises, I likely would have gone with them. *sadly shakes head* All those poor, poor writers who are going to think they are on the fast-track to the big time....this is who I hurt for. The ones that are going run excitedly to their moms/husbands/families/friends, all happy that they are going to be published by...gasp...HQN...

My heart hurts for them.

I am going to go and lie down, now.

Demon Heart; Sold to Lyrical Press. Yeah!
Out of the Dark Trilogy; Got a 'revise and resubmit' invite. *heavy sigh* Back to the drawing board.
Cowgirl Up; Request for a full!
Texas Hold 'Em; Request for a full!
Blood Moon; Still waiting on query reply. *heavy sigh*
Sweet Surprises; I finally finshed the mutherhumper! Now what do I do with my time?
wannawrite is offline   Reply With Quote