Warm Bodies

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I had to go see it opening show (10pm Thurs). The book was beyond words amazing. The movie was really good, too. I thought Nicholas Hoult did an awesome job as R, and Teresa Palmer was equally as good. And, of course, Rob Corrdy brought the funny as M.

Anyone else see it?

Dreity

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't yet, but I want to! It looks SO funny - just the sort of thing to make zombies fresh again. (Hur hur hur...)

Melanie Dawn

Gypsy, wasted from the hips down.
Registered
Reaction score
My wife saw the second half of it at the drive in last night while on her date (they went to see Mama-but apparently it was like a "double feature"). She really enjoyed what she saw of it, but hated Mama.

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
I thought it was fantastic! I haven't read the book, but the movie exceeded my expectations. Funny and sweet. I love Nicholas Hoult, and thought he and Theresa Palmer both did a great job.

playground

Registered
Reaction score
I really enjoyed it too. I feel the film had personality, something most films seem to lack. The two main actors were great and after wikipedia, I just realized the guy that plays R played Beast in X-Men: First Class.

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Well, he's called R because he doesn't remember his name but he thinks it started with a R.

--

I really want to see it but I don't know if I'll be able to.
Just looked at the cast listing. So, the romantic lead is R, his friend is M, and the girl he loves is named Julie? That's not subtle, but it's cute. Maybe I can get my girlfriend to go with me.

NottiThistledore

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.chatswoodspooks.com
I really enjoyed the book, but haven't yet seen the film. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it, though!

Manuel: as you've probably guessed, it's a retelling of Romeo and Juliet, with an interesting take on the famous tragic ending. :)

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Just saw the movie. Liked it a lot.

Honestly touching. Good use of music.

ETA: Rob Corddry steals scenes while hardly doing anything, and has probably the funniest two lines of the movie. I'd like to see him do a straight dramatic role.

Last edited:

itsmary

have faith, restart
Registered
Reaction score
I just got back from seeing it and it was brilliant. I'm gushing about it to anyone who will listen -- I think I might have even convinced my dad to see it when the DVD comes out. :] And before I saw it, he thought it looked really stupid.

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
Watched it on Saturday night. Disappointing. I loved the book, but the film was...meh. R just looked like an unwashed student and some consistency with the film's own logic would have been nice.

Last edited: