Status
Not open for further replies.

san_remo_ave

Back at it
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.elainegolden.com
I just wanted to pop in and tell y'all that I've been following these Anti-H & H threads with great interest. Very thought provoking discussion. In fact, I'm gearing up for Nano next month and I'm going to challenge myself to write the most anti-heroine I can create (and the possibilities are wickedly endless!). Nano is such a great way for me to cut loose --forces me out of my comfort zone.

Thanks!

mirrorkisses

Registered
Reaction score
oh yeah, i ordered vanity fair like a week ago. I hear the movie portrays her a lot kinder than the novel.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
oh yeah, i ordered vanity fair like a week ago. I hear the movie portrays her a lot kinder than the novel.

Probably. Thackery had a strange problem with his characters; he was bothered by them coming to life & tried to control them by referring to them as 'dolls' and 'playthings'. He later commented that his readers found the Becky doll to be in the best condition--ie, the one they most liked. I think he was disturbed by the power Becky had over people.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
I just wanted to pop in and tell y'all that I've been following these Anti-H & H threads with great interest. Very thought provoking discussion. In fact, I'm gearing up for Nano next month and I'm going to challenge myself to write the most anti-heroine I can create (and the possibilities are wickedly endless!). Nano is such a great way for me to cut loose --forces me out of my comfort zone.

Thanks!

cool!

Elodie-Caroline

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
elodie.the.writer.tripod.com
Bookmarking this for tomorrow, as it's late here. But I would like to say this... From that blog; this has got to be the most pathetic line I've ever read in my life! :D His kissed her in the sweet darkness.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
Bookmarking this for tomorrow, as it's late here. But I would like to say this... From that blog; this has got to be the most pathetic line I've ever read in my life! :D His kissed her in the sweet darkness.

Where, exactly, is that located on a woman?

mirrorkisses

Registered
Reaction score
well, it says the sweet darkness rather than her sweet darkness, so technically, this is not located on her body.

I guess this is a woman who is afraid to have sex with the lights on??

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
It does sound like it's happening in a candy factory.

johnnysannie

Banned
Reaction score
Website
leeannsontheimermurphywriterauthor.blogspot.com
I was asking how to achieve that, so my question was not answered.

I do intend to read both Gone with the Wind and Vanity Fair, though.

Ye Gods, a would-be writer who hasn't read GTW or VF!!!!!

I read GTW when I was nine; my dad bought me my own hardback copy for my 12th birthday (which I still have)

jodiodi

Reflections of Reality
Registered
Reaction score
I remember the summer I was 8 years old. I read GwtW at my granny's house. SHe has a first edition on tissue-thin paper. I think I read it 4 or 5 times over the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.