Submission Guidelines clarification

sunnivaixchel

Registered
Reaction score
So I'm prepared to submit a short story to, uhh, a certain short story publication when they open their subs in the new year. I'm looking at their guidelines ahead of time to make sure I have everything in order, and I got confused by some wording (redacting and bolding are mine).

Instructions: All writing must be submitted via email to (EMAIL). When submitting, include a little background information about yourself in the body and attach the story in the form of a Microsoft Word file. Please include a word count and a brief synopsis of the work.

Does this mean in the Word file or in the body of the email? I don't want to get this wrong and get my story dismissed out of hand. What do you guys think? I think I'm paranoid, but I can't do anything about it lol

• Hug
Reactions: MaeZe

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
I am reading it as information about yourself in the body (of the email) and the story in the form of a Microsoft Word file. I would think word count and brief synopsis would be considered information about yourself rather than part of the story. Others will be along to see if my logic is what is actually meant by the wording you provided.

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I agree with easy cat lady: In the body of the email, you include word count, story precis, brief bio with pub record, etc. And then you attach the story as a word document. Presumably using Shunn format, which will also include word count.