• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for beta for YA Fantasy novel, and happy to swap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

casualrungal

Registered
Reaction score
I have a YA fantasy project that I'm sort of stuck in a rut with, and I'd love to get some feedback. I've been going back over my work and editing to try and rekindle my excitement for this MS, but I've been working on it in a vacuum for long enough that I think some outside perspective would be hugely beneficial.

A quick-and-dirty synopsis:
17-year-old Eva leaves her island home to study in the capitol, leaving behind her best friend, Wren, who she has something of a love-hate relationship with. The two girls grew up together, and Eva is the only person who knows about Wren's supernatural abilities. In her first few weeks at the prestigious Academy, though, Eva uncovers the truth about where Wren got her powers from. She is torn between wanting to move on with her own life and feeling obligated to help Wren.

I'm sorry, that's kind of rough! I haven't prepared a query yet for this project. If you are somewhat intrigue but have questions about the story, please ask away!

If you're interested in critiquing my project on a chapter-by-chapter basis (any more than that and I get overwhelmed with the revisions!), please send me a private message. I am also more than happy to return the favor by critiquing your work, preferably in the YA category.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.