Hiii everyone

MMarquez

Registered
Reaction score
I'm excited to be here and surrounded by people who can understand my struggle. I have been a bibliophile for almost my entire life and have dreamt of writing books almost as long. A few years ago I started seriously writing manuscripts. That's when I learned how intensive the process can be. Not knowing how to describe something on paper that you see so clearly in your mind, rejection letters, more rejection letters and people asking why it's taking so long to get published. Good times.

I have 2.5 manuscripts that bounce from contemporary fiction to romance and love to read all types of stuff.

Reactions: Izz

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome.

And everything about writing is grand until the rejection letters :LOL:

The.Otherworlds

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!!

I haven't gotten any rejection letters yet (nothing else either, I just haven't sent out yet!) and I'm absolutely terrified because I am a sensitive ass little bitch :ROFLMAO:

Norsebard

Registered
Reaction score
:hi: Hello and :welcome: to Absolute Write, MMarquez! :)

MMarquez said:
I'm excited to be here and surrounded by people who can understand my struggle. I have been a bibliophile for almost my entire life and have dreamt of writing books almost as long.

cool.gif

See you around the board!

Norsebard

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to AW

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Stop by the Weekend Progress Report each week to brag about your weekly writing accomplishments.
Awesome smilies and awards are given out.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. That is frowned upon and can lead to your posts being deleted.
Take some time to greet fellow newbies, critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Reactions: MMarquez

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
Welcome, welcome, welcome! :D

You'll love it here, I'm sure. AW is, in my opinion, the internet's premier writing place, with all the info you'll ever need on all things writing and publishing, and home to an amazing community, to boot.

Please carefully read the Newbies Guide you were linked to when you registered as well as the stickied/pinned threads at the top of each forum page. These will help you quickly understand not only the forum rules, but also the culture and etiquette of the various spaces within, and will also help make the forums less overwhelming.

There's a lot to discover, so please take your time exploring, lurk if you like, join in conversations you find fun or interesting if you like, make friends, enjoy yourself!

And if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

See you around the boards :)
Izz

• Love

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Wait, there's cookies? I knew I liked this new arrival right out of the gate.

Welcome to you! It's interesting yet not surprising how similar writers are, in how much they love books and reading, how early they attempted to write, how hard the struggle to do it well--especially that last one. But there are wonderful people here who will help you write the best you can, which is pretty cool.

Nothing compared to cookies, mind you, but cool just the same.

Maryn, pleased to meet you

• Love

MMarquez

Registered
Reaction score
Welcome!!

I haven't gotten any rejection letters yet (nothing else either, I just haven't sent out yet!) and I'm absolutely terrified because I am a sensitive ass little bitch :ROFLMAO:
Man, if my soft self can handle them so can you!! Some hurt more than others. Some you just expect.
Do it!!!

The.Otherworlds

Registered
Reaction score
Man, if my soft self can handle them so can you!! Some hurt more than others. Some you just expect.
Do it!!!
I'm here for the pep talks!!! The agent I'm really hoping for just closed to quarries until 2023, so I have until then to get my wording lined up to send her my frat two chapters :oops:

• Love