Forum Software Update Yeah, things look different

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
The forum software developers released an update.

I'll have to make the cosmetic changes myself, which I'll do ASAP.

ETA: I'll be shutting the forums down briefly for part of the process; I'll announce the time in advance.

Last edited:

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I sat down, the arm of my chair disconnected from the upright that holds it, its back reclined, then I came here, and this was all wonky too? I'm just relieved I haven't entered a parallel universe in which things are similar to what I'm accustomed to but not the same.

I don't think it looks bad, just different. We're adaptable. Is it worth your time to change it all back to what we were used to? Especially if future updates might mean you have to repeat the process.

Maryn, valuing your time

CMBright

Cats are easy, Mice are tough
Registered
Reaction score
</light bantering tone>
Ah, is this the thread where curmudgeons come to complain that the site changed over night, we don't like it, and please change it back as soon as possible?
</end light bantering tone>

• Haha
Reactions: cmhbob

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
</light bantering tone>
Ah, is this the thread where curmudgeons come to complain that the site changed over night, we don't like it, and please change it back as soon as possible?
</end light bantering tone>
And the chronically bewildered come to say "Huh? Something changed, didn't it, or am I just remembering yesterday wrong?"

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's worth fixing. It's going to be really hard for visually disabled users to see some of the icons/text.

And I have a new theme / skin to install, that's primarily dark, for people who prefer light text on dark back grounds. It's just going to take a bit.

Nether

is walking the plank at a pirate-themed water park
Registered
Reaction score
When I saw the changes, I was wondering, "What the hell did I break now?"

The update did a lot of quirky things, like removing the break between stickied topics and new topics.

Silenia

Registered
Reaction score
I think it's worth fixing. It's going to be really hard for visually disabled users to see some of the icons/text.

And I have a new theme / skin to install, that's primarily dark, for people who prefer light text on dark back grounds. It's just going to take a bit.
Very appreciated that a dark theme's still on the list of things to do. But if it takes a bit? It takes a bit, your health & mental health absolutely comes first and there's only so many hours in each day.

Besides, there's plenty of third-party add-ons to help tide over until you can get around to it. No, they're not perfect, but they're workable. AW without Lisa, on the other hand? That's not workable.

Reactions: AW Admin

AW Admin

Administrator
Registered
Reaction score
When I saw the changes, I was wondering, "What the hell did I break now?"

The update did a lot of quirky things, like removing the break between stickied topics and new topics.
Yeah. The template fix will take care of that. I'll have to announce a time for shutting the forum off briefly for part of the process.

Reactions: Nether

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Duh. I failed to consider the needs of the visually impaired or disabled. My apologies to any who are reading this, or struggling to read this.

Maryn, who should know better