XoLeIn GaEpRuXoMyRuEp

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm no help on wedding attire. yes, I attend upwards of twenty weddings a year, but I wear black to all of them. I'm there as the pianist, the hired help. My role is to be invisible and make the music.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Black is a no-no at a Western wedding, white is bad at a hindu wedding, grey is probably your safest choice there.

If it's the right kind of wedding then the only matter of concern should be the people getting married. I believe it's wrong to upstage the bride, so you may want to make sure that her steel toe capped boots have higher heels than yours.

Seriously, I have no real idea. I try to avoid anything that requires me to wear 'proper' clothes'.

Oh. Oops. I think I've always worn black to weddings. Except for when I was a bridesmaid. They always made me wear lavender. *shakes fist at pastel gods*

I want some steel-toed stilettos now. Seriously.

Being noticed is the way I get invited to hang out more often. :Ssh:

So you're saying my plan to show up in a white tux a la Indiana Jones in the opening of Temple of Doom is a good thing?

The Elder Gods like to get saucy from time to time.

Hey-O

I'm no help on wedding attire. yes, I attend upwards of twenty weddings a year, but I wear black to all of them. I'm there as the pianist, the hired help. My role is to be invisible and make the music.

Oh, good heavens. I thought for a second you were in the center of the wedding Capital of Zee World!

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
So you're saying my plan to show up in a white tux a la Indiana Jones in the opening of Temple of Doom is a good thing?

White tux's are cool. For weddings... not so much. :D

Aren't there, like, magazines or something which covers this stuff? I thought everyone else had a handle on what was appropriate to wear, and my turning up in t-shirts to everything was the exception to what the rest of the world thinks.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
White tux's are cool. For weddings... not so much. :D

Aren't there, like, magazines or something which covers this stuff? I thought everyone else had a handle on what was appropriate to wear, and my turning up in t-shirts to everything was the exception to what the rest of the world thinks.

Really? :Huh: They seem awesome for all occasions.

If I was left to my own devices, I'd go everywhere in shorts, a bustier over a t-shirt and a cowboy hat. Also, flip-flops. Thus, my need for advice.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
Oh. Oops. I think I've always worn black to weddings. Except for when I was a bridesmaid. They always made me wear lavender. *shakes fist at pastel gods*

I, too, often wear black to weddings, but add color somewhere so it doesn't look like funeral attire.

More importantly, though, I fully had my bridesmaids each wear a classic LBD. Black was allowed at our wedding. :D

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
If I was left to my own devices, I'd go everywhere in shorts, a bustier over a t-shirt and a cowboy hat. Also, flip-flops. Thus, my need for advice.

Surely, all you need is flowers as a hat band and fixed to the bridge of your flip flops, ala sixties hippies, and then lace trim on the bustier and shorts with an appropriate themed t-shirt and you're good to go.

Unless you can't stand them, in which case, turn up looking like an Andy Warhol painting, they'll stash you at the back or around the corner in the pics and never invite you again, thus saving you the hassle of working this all out a second time.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Surely, all you need is flowers as a hat band and fixed to the bridge of your flip flops, ala sixties hippies, and then lace trim on the bustier and shorts with an appropriate themed t-shirt and you're good to go.

Unless you can't stand them, in which case, turn up looking like an Andy Warhol painting, they'll stash you at the back or around the corner in the pics and never invite you again, thus saving you the hassle of working this all out a second time.

Oh, this seems like it will require a lot of prep work, and possibly a hot glue gun. I think I'll just languish in the corner of my closet and hope the wedding calls itself off. (there's chocolate in the corner of my closet. also, part of a train set and some tiny dinosaurs)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Bread comes in strawberry form?!?

Midian

My sarcasm got the better of me.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkslingereditorialservices.com
I've always avoided wearing black or white to weddings.

Engineer boots probably not okay but then again, depends on the couple. I know some people I could get away with engineer boots and a shrunken head necklace and probably still fit right in. Others would die in abject horror.

I've never had very good luck with those things, though. The last wedding I went to I wore rickety heels and it turned out to be on a lavendar farm. Like, ON THE FARM. There was a party area with a beautiful in-ground pool and such but it was still ON THE FARM. With dirt paths, steep slopes and rocks. Lots of rocks. It was beautiful, and it was set up for a gorgeous wedding but a lot of ladies still fell. Including me.

The one before that I bought a dark teal dress. Got there and found out the bridesmaids were all wearing the exact same color and shade.

I have no luck with wedding outfits.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Mine is to look better than everyone there, including the bride.

:ROFL:

think big warm fluffy strawberry muffin, only in loaf form.

I am thinking this so hard that if any human has a chance to spontaneously develop telekinesis, it's probably going to be me.

The cat just bit my pants. This isn't going according to plan. Abort, Abort!

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds better than zucchini pancakes. Though those are damn good.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
Woohoo! Found a work-around to the "only one save file" malarkey on Dragon's Dogma! So glad my USB stick works as a storage device.

Now I can have my knifey-stabby-leapy-climbey-wahey Strider character on my X-Box hard-drive and my element-throwing levitating Mage on my USB stick.

Life is good. Now to play through this tedious opening section again...

The only downside is that I had high quality videos of the Rocky Horror Picture Show and the 25th Anniversary of Les Misérables on that stick and had to get rid of them. :(

Last edited:

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
My body hates me right. Going to the gym is satisfying yet painful at this point. However it will be worth it.

Oh, and if you are my mother-in-law, you want to wear a slinky, tight fitting bright red dress to your son's wedding while all the other mothers & grandmothers are wearing nice champagne colored dresses that coordinate with the wedding colors. Much drama ensues when your future daughter-in-law says you will look like a whore in that dress.

May have happened to me. ;)

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How to piss me off: first charge me 20 more than quoted for a tire change and rotation. Then when I check the tires, I find them a rough 60 all around. Setting them to 60 is the norm, so fine. Whatever. But 61 and 64 are not 60. It's sloppy.

So I ask for 60 front, 80 back. It takes them over 10 minutes despite claiming they'll do it quickly. When I get it back I get in my truck but get a bad feeling. How long does it take to add some psi to two tires. I check them. 80 all around. Wtf are they trying to kill me? The 80 in back is only for towing. You dont do 80 in the front. Who the hell works at a chevy dealer and doesnt know this? Do they need to be schooled by a girl ffs?

I pull into the shade and am rather rude, shouting that they cant even inflate friggen tires right?!? I start to let air out the front and desk guy comes to see what the problem is and claims the tire filling guy didnt touch the front. Yeah, sure, they gained nearly 20 psi by themselves. Guy stands over me. I wait for him to bugger off or be useful. He just stands there. I suck in a deep breath and say in an even tone: you could help with the other tire please. He buggers off and comes back to say other dude only had a gauge that went to 50. Wtf? And how the hell did he get them to 80 and nearly even all around? I bite my tongue. Reception guy checks the back tires, says nothing, then stands over me again as I fix the other front. I restrain myself from verbally frying his little idiot brain. I check the backs myself and drive off.

And that's how I wasted 30 minutes of my day and why I'll be driving farther for a certified Chevy dealer, hopefully one who knows basic tire needs and dont make idiot claims about what was or wasnt done to my tires.

Geeze.

:rant:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
My body hates me right. Going to the gym is satisfying yet painful at this point. However it will be worth it.

Oh, and if you are my mother-in-law, you want to wear a slinky, tight fitting bright red dress to your son's wedding while all the other mothers & grandmothers are wearing nice champagne colored dresses that coordinate with the wedding colors. Much drama ensues when your future daughter-in-law says you will look like a whore in that dress.

May have happened to me. ;)

Wow. In all the weddings I've played, I've never seen that kind of drama. Funerals, yeah, been there, seen that, filmed it for youtube (not really). But not for a wedding. though my reading online says that shit really does happen, so I must just be getting lucky to miss out.

Reservoir Angel

Angelic by name, fiendish by nature
Registered
Reaction score
I wonder what the size limit is on sig pictures, because I've found 2 totally awesome ones that I suspect may be too big.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Download and resize. My thumb thanks you for limiting phone scrolling ;)

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
Wow Fen that's insane. Its a good thing you knew what you were talking about, I would have been totally lost and screwed.

Everyont got good naps today. I am pleased. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.