Teens Writing for Teens, the 5th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thalia

better off with a really good lie
Registered
Reaction score
It's still stealing a concept. Which is fine, as long as you only steal the concept and change everything else. Did you read the article?

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Yes. It was very interesting. Key things I got:

• Find the 'gem' - the thing that you loved
  • Find ways to change it and form a plot
One day, I shall apply this to DR, though I dunno how, while still sticking to the Beauty and the Beast concept as well. :/

Bookgirl2021

"If I had a heart, I'd give it to you."
Registered
Reaction score
Hmmm... I could go to a building across campus and get a hamburger, or hang out at home until my next class and have... I don't even know. Thinking I'm probably going to be leaving soon.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I bet I'm going to come up with a fresh idea for DR - still sticking to the bully/victim concept - halfway through plotting or something, while listening to music. That is what tends to happen to me.

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Thank the good lord. School is over. I also have a SNI, thanks to some discussion we had in science. I'll spend sometime on that, and then the other thing, make supper, do homework, and do whatever I want after that.

That's my days plans.

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, what if Chris kissed Nate... and Nate liked it, but tried to deny he liked it?

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree with Zoe.

That awkward moment when the time on the computer is earlier than the time on AW...

ETA: Tay, it may be because I know that it's inspired by HP, but now everything you post about your book makes me immediately think "okay, compare to HP, is it too similar?"

So both the MC dying and the MCs running around trying to prevent the bad guy's immortality is very HP-like to me. The problem I've been seeing, honestly, is that it keeps feeling like you're taking something from Harry Potter and saying "okay, how can I change this so it goes in my story", rather than coming up with ideas on your own (which I know you're really good at =) )

I may be wrong, but I'm the kind of person who sees all similarities between books and has issues with them XD Hence why I did not like TMI until Sebastian showed up.

I see what you're getting at, and I agree with you. I don't even know what I'm doing in the first book, sadly, so I'm just getting carried away here.

I just need to come up with a huge obstacle. Something that will prevent her from killing him right away. It hasn't come to me yet, but it will. I hope. Maybe tonight I'll have a dream... I hope I do :/

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Dinner soon. I may do some plotting later, so if I do, I'm putting this to one side.

Allaboutwords13

You Snooze, You Lose!
Registered
Reaction score
To be, or not to be, THAT is the motherfu*king question! lol
Juuust about to go read some Eragon and then some sleepagon and then maybe some dreamagon. It's all-a-gon around here :p

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
Zoe!

ETA: Definitely watching episode #21 of Glee today. I'll probably watching #22 tomorrow, and then the next time I watch Glee will probably be on Friday.

Last edited:

Taylor_Writes

#teampeeta
Registered
Reaction score
Criminal Minds starts Wednesday! I'm more excited for that. Asbyou can see, my avvie is my favorite character. Well, the actor. *swoon*

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
We get it two days after you??? And I can't watch til Friday?? :(

No spoliers, please.

ETA: Blog post, bit of YouTube and then bed. I WILL finish Season 2 of Glee tomorrow, even if it's on my iPod at night.

Last edited:

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
GAAAH OH MY GAWD I AM SO DAMN EXCITED FOR GLEE, I HAVE WATCHED ALL THE TRAILERS AND READ ALL THE SPOILERS. WELL, NOT ALL.

AND THEN IN EPISODE 2 IDINA MENZEL!

lisalulu09

Potterhead Gleek
Registered
Reaction score
I HATE you guys for this. I'm a little freaked out it's going to be spoiled for me. :(

Thalia

Registered
Reaction score
CHILD HOW DO YOU NOT KNOW WHO THESE PEOPLE ARE

:tongue

No, but seriously. Go listen to any number from Wicked, Rent, anything with either of them and you'll be like "OH MY GAWD".

ETA: Dude, don't use the word hate. It's a really strong word. And HR and I already have an established policy of not posting spoilers in the forum 'till everyone's seen it.

Status
Not open for further replies.