Injuries during a Love scene?

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, the topic may not be exactly what I'm wondering....as in...I'm not asking how can you get injured during a love scene. What I am wondering is....how can a character, who is already hurt (as in beat up severely) forty-eight hours ago..........what can be the extent of her injuries that are both realistic and okay when she's in the mood to have sex?

I read a book where a character broke several ribs and could not move, so, that wouldn't work. I think it's sort of a turn on when someone is hurt but they want to do the nasty. Not vulnerable, but still capable. You know what I mean?

What can be the worst thing that could happen to my character but she would still be able to make love?

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
Perhaps a person could break a leg, arm or have facial damage but I can't see much damage to the torso area and still be able to move. Unless the person does not do much moving in the love scene or is really into pain. I suppose since it's your character you can make them do almost anything you wish. Good luck.

MargueriteMing

Registered
Reaction score
Umm, I don't know, an amputation? Or mastectomy? As long as the lover avoids banging on the wound, anyway. The wounded person might really want reassurance they are still attractive to their lover.

I thought this was going to be about the worst possible injury you can sustain during sex, and a big owwie came to mind--penile fracture.

Last edited:

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
I've never broken a bone, but when my husband had shoulder surgery last year, he was specifically told to avoid sex for about a month (I think. It was at least 2 weeks). I don't know what you'd be told if you had a broken arm. Hmm... where's a medical professional when you need one??? ;)

MargueriteMing

Registered
Reaction score
Doctors say a lot of stuff when they are in CYA mode. Understandable, when people sue over a hot cup of coffee.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
If she's that injured, maybe her partner will find inventive ways to give her pleasure that require no movement on her part. :D

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Surprisingly enough, he didn't care at first. It was only after the first two weeks he even thought about it. He was pretty miserable because it hurt every time he moved, no matter how small the motion, and he had at home therapy exercises he had to do a few times a day.

Aside from his intestinal surgery last fall, it's the only time I've ever known him to not give a damn about sex. ;)

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind that working around an injury can (and should) make for an original sex scene -- not only do you have slightly different choreography, but you will learn a lot about the characters by how much imagination and/or good humor they bring to the moment.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I want my female character to have her ankle broken. Not sure why, but I think it would be incredibly sexy from the man's POV.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
The scene is pretty dark and emotional and heartfelt. She's hurt badly. He wants to protect her, and love her, and be with her. No humor involved, but maybe I can mix that in somehow.

CatSlave

Mah tale iz draggin.
Registered
Reaction score
I want my female character to have her ankle broken. Not sure why, but I think it would be incredibly sexy from the man's POV.
Probably because some men find the idea of a crippled or hobbled woman erotic; hence the popularity of foot-binding in some cultures and six-inch stiletto heels in others.
The woman is unable to run away and is at the mercy of the man.
This could inspire some bondage fantasies in both males and females, hmm?

MargueriteMing

Registered
Reaction score
Heels have nothing to do with hobbling, unless you're talking about toe shoes, it's all about the ass. Heels put a woman's ass on a pedestal, where it belongs ;)

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a broken ankle hurts like holy hell. You will want to make sure your heroine isn't in too much pain to want or enjoy sex -- or that she's not so doped up on Vicodin that she'll hardly remember it the next day!

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
that's what I find the problem to be, Claudia. You think I need to have a few days after her ankle broken before the love scene? I have it at 48hours right now since the attack. Nothing else is wrong with her except a bump on the head and few minor bruising and cuts, but that's really it. She could lay back, have her ankle propped up and enjoy the show. Even refuse to take medication because she can't wait any longer to be with the hero.

ALSO....and this is real erotic, but where else am I going to ask this? For another position...do you think doggy style is too much for a wounded woman to take in? She won't be on her hands and knees, but the hero will be laying on top of her, and her broken ankle will be out of the way. Would that work???

MargueriteMing

Registered
Reaction score
Lots of bleeding with broken bones, and lots of swelling, it will throb for teh first 48 hours, pain killers will be a must.

I suggest she lie on her side, with her broken ankle uppermost and propped up on pillows. Our athletic boyfriend can straddle her lower leg.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
I will have to think about this...

which is worse...broken ankle or sprained ankle?

ALSO, she was thrown down a flight of stairs.....and goes through a series of other pained pleasures by the villian towards the end of the story. BUT I ReALLY WANT HER ANKLE TO BE WOUNDED...................oh..............what to do...what to do.....