Has anyone finished their novel for NaNoWriMo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasperd

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the link.....so many finished novels!! Now I'm kicking myself.....but you're right...I can still finish mine (just not in November) :)

Vincent

Cheers
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Not even close! But was an interesting group-experience.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
ffffffffffffff. no.

scribbler1382

Write For You, Edit For The Reader
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soderstrom.ca
Probably hit 20k by Friday. No, I don't get a nifty certificate to print, but that wasn't really my goal. I was trying to use Nano to work the cobwebs out of my writing gears, and it seems to have worked. Probably hit their magic 50k by the end of the year, but that will most likely only be the halfway point. Or at least, that's the plan. :)

I also managed to get a buddy of mine (fellow Tech Writer) who's been wanting to write fiction for years to come along for the ride. She's at about the same point. On the one hand I feel great for getting someone else to be as miserable as...er...creative as me. On the selfish hand, checking her word count every morning (noon and night) has been a real impetus to get me to crack open the laptop when all I want to do is watch Mythbusters.:whip:

GeorgieB

Almost a wannabe writer
Registered
Reaction score
Yup, story finished at about 71K. Now I'll put it away and go back to my originally scheduled program.

Some day in the future, I'll open it and begin editing. That will be the real test. In the meantime I can stare at my pretty completion certificate hanging next to me.

Sassee

Momma Wolf
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sasseebioche.blogspot.com
I finished the goal and I *thought* I finished the novel, but turns out I actually have a few more chapters left for wrapping things up. Blah. Oh well, still pluggin away...

Edit: HA! It's finished now. Not touching it again until editing phase.

Last edited:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
It's too late for me, I still need almost 32k to reach 50k. But I'm still working on the book, and at this pace, I should be finished in late January with around 75k words.

It's my third NaNo, and my first failed one. sigh.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I finished one book and I'm outlining another. And I need to update the word count in my sig line.

NicoleMD

Onomatopotamus
Registered
Reaction score
This is my first failed Nano attempt, too...though I'd hardly call it an attempt. I was so burnt out from editing my last Nanovel that I just couldn't get into it. Next year I know to give myself some writing down-time prior to November.

Nicole

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, I haven't finished it but...there's a story behind why.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
I hit the 50k mark a couple days ago but the novel isn't finished. There's probably another 20k before the first draft is finished...but I need a couple days off! :)

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sick, but dammit I was gonna finish! OK, I reached that 50,000. It's probably going to take another 50,000 to finish the story, but that's OK too.

My Dad is in the hospital, recovering from cancer surgery. And every day when I go to see him he asks how NaNo is coming. Now I can tell him I won.:hooray:

Status
Not open for further replies.