PDA

View Full Version : How do you do a Virtual Book Tour?

Christine N.
05-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Okay, I have a book coming up for release in the next couple of months, and another early next year. I want to go on a Virtual Book Tour.

I get that I need to schedule with people to guest blog on their sites on a certain day, but do I write up the blog ahead of time?

And does anyone know of any chat room places I could 'stop' at during my tour?

I really think this sounds like fun, but I want to make sure I know what I'm doing before I put it out there.

Thanks gang :)

Toothpaste
05-04-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't know much about it, but I did host someone as one stop along their blog tour. She was a fellow client at the same agency, so our agent hooked us up. But I think if you emailed some of the blogs you were intereseted in visiting, explained to them your plan, you'd find many of them receptive to your visit!

I do not know of chatrooms though. Sorry!

Good luck!

Christine N.
05-05-2007, 12:22 AM
Okay, but did the author send you something to post t your blog? Or did you have to allow them access to your blog so they could post?

Wondering how you worked it.

Toothpaste
05-05-2007, 12:58 AM
The author sent something to my blog (actually I collected questions for her here to answer and then she sent me the answers). I was interviewed for this girl's acting blog and she sent me questions to answer. I think it depends on what you want to do. You could offer people a choice, you could have an entry prepared, you could offer to write one on a topic that works for the blog, you could answer questions.

Christine N.
05-05-2007, 01:36 AM
Thanks, that's actually very helpful.