PDA

View Full Version : Scrivener?

Reesee
11-08-2011, 06:56 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone use Scrivener? I have a prologue but when I compile everything, my prologue keeps getting turned into chapter one. Is the only way around it to leave the prologue out of the compile and add it in after?

dangerousbill
11-08-2011, 07:03 PM
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but does anyone use Scrivener? I have a prologue but when I compile everything, my prologue keeps getting turned into chapter one. Is the only way around it to leave the prologue out of the compile and add it in after?

I just bought it. I was impressed by the video, and now the version 2 was released yesterday, for Mac or Windows.

I've only just installed it, and I haven't had a chance to use it.

Find it at literatureandlatte.com

scarletpeaches
11-08-2011, 07:06 PM
I used the beta version after NaNo last year and it made me drool with teh pretties.

It's really nothing more than software to make your computer look fancy though. It doesn't write the book for you.

However, if I had a few bob lying about, would I buy it? Hell yeah I would.

fadeaccompli
11-08-2011, 07:31 PM

Try putting your prologue tab into a separate folder from the rest, and doing your compile that way. Then move it back into the folder when you want to have it compiled all together.

(I use Scrivener, though I don't use a lot of its fancier functions. Excellent software which happens to work very well for how I tend to write. As always, YMMV.)

DeaK
11-08-2011, 08:31 PM
I think you can add it as 'front matter' in the compile if you put it in a separate folder.

I just started using Scrivener, and I love it!

Good luck with this.

Pearl
11-09-2011, 04:24 AM
I learned about Scrivener over the weekend and downloaded it. I love it! Certainly beats Word when it comes to organizing your novel.

Snitchcat
11-09-2011, 04:46 AM
Scrivener is good. But for this question, you may have more luck in the Tech Forum here.

JMVanHorn
11-10-2011, 11:16 PM
I toyed around with it during the Beta stage and will be picking it up at the end of NaNo. As for the Prologue, I think DeaK has the right idea, but could be wrong.