• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Mega Book Marketing University

AnneMarble

Nefarious Ghost Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Website
gorokandwulf.blogspot.com
Does anyone know about the Mega Book Marketing University? Who are they aimed at? Industry professionals? Or... the authors themselves?

I read about them in an article listed by Book Trade News at: http://www.booktrade.info/

The article is at http://www.emediawire.com/releases/2005/3/emw220746.htm

The article's title is "Book Publishing Insiders Reveal Five Critical Mistakes that Sabotage 99% of Today's Authors." But the mistakes include things such as "No comprehensive marketing plan" and "No price testing." They do mention pitching to agents and publishers, which makes me think it might be aimed at nonfiction writers.

The sad thing is that some writers are going to read that article and say "See! All those people are AW are wrong! Authors are supposed to spend a lot of time on marketing."

:wag:

P.S. I hate it when smileys change their order in the smiley window. :Hammer:

realitychuck

Hack Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sff.net
Judging by the evidence, it's aimed at authors. He's using his experience with the Chicken Soup books and trying to pass it along to writers. I'd guess that it'd have the most potential value if you're trying to self-publish a book. It also certainly seems slanted toward nonfiction.

There's a chance it actually could be useful to PA authors. This advice is already useful:
Ask your network how much they would pay for a book like yours. Their answers will reveal whether your book is salable.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The Mega Book Marketing site is gone, and although it's recently expired, the last MBMU package for sale on his home site is dated 2007 and it doesn't look like his home and literary org sites have been updated since early 2009: so I'm not holding my breath for its return.