• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Angelus Associates

sellthepharm

Chemically enhanced
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone familiar with Angelus Associates, Literary and Creative Art Agency?

Nothing negative on P & E and didn't see any discussion on Cao Paux's alphabetical listings.

Here's their website

http://www.angelusassociates.com/index.asp

Thanks all!

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
It's just too early to tell on this one. They have a teeny website and little information. I mean, almost nothing. I did see two photo shots of books, I assume they're taking credit for. The say they bring loads of optimism and energy to the table, but I see nothing else on that table--not even a name. They generalize as far as submission requests go...

I don't know. They're babies. And sometimes baby agencies turn into teenagers, and then full-fledged adults. It's no crime to start and agency. It is a crime if you haven't a clue about what you're doing, or where you're going, or with whom.

Since they're brand new, it's kind of unfair to ask them "What have you sold, rookie?" I was hoping that they would list their experience in the publishing industry.

Here's what I would do with this situation: Write to them. Ask some particulars--lots of particulars. See if they will be forthcoming with some stats, or at least a clearer mission statement, and a list of employees and some qualifications.

Sorry, not much help here, I know.

Tri

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
General observations....

Literary agent is not an entry-level position. If they can't/won't supply industry-related experience, move on.

Being involved with YouWriteOn.com (discussed briefly here) raises conflict-of-interest flags, at the least.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A year later: no sign of sales and closed to submissions "until further notice".