• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Tailwinds Press

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No books out yet, no track record, no names of staff to research for publishing background. I'd wait and see.

Marian Perera

starting over
Registered
Reaction score
Heaven is a place on earth called Toronto.
Website
www.marianperera.com
From their About page:

We are a young, New York City-based independent press specializing in high-quality fiction and non-fiction by new and emerging writers.
This is vague, and the Submissions page doesn't give much more information. Do they publish all genres, from children's picture books to BDSM erotica to cookbooks? Flash fiction as well as 300K novels?

Tailwinds Press is edited by dedicated individuals with significant experience in writing, print media, and academia. We believe in intelligent work that is compelling, accessible, and relevant to the spirit of our time.
And I believe I'll have another cup of coffee.

I wouldn't even wait and see. If they set themselves up as a publisher without giving any specific information about who they are or what they publish, I have no confidence that they'd wise up later on down the line.

aliceshortcake

Wilde about Oscar
Registered
Reaction score
The people behind Tailwinds seem to be painfully shy.

The Tailwinds Press Book Review will consider reviewing any material we find interesting.
http://www.tailwindspress.com/the-review

Even their reviews are anonymous!

The only clue I could find was on the submissions page:

Electronic submissions are preferred. Please direct hard copy submissions to Tailwinds Press c/o G. Pece, P.O. Box 2283, Radio City Station, New York, NY 10101-2283.

This sort of secrecy always makes me wonder if one or more of the authors-to-be are trying to disguise the fact that it's a self-publishing venture.

ETA: Tailwinds' Facebook goes into a bit more detail about what they're looking for:

We are a young, NYC-based independent press specializing in high-quality fiction, non-fiction, and children's literature by new and emerging writers.
https://www.facebook.com/tailwindspress

Last edited: