• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Promotion] BargainBooksy / Freebooksy

shelleyo

Just another face in a red jumpsuit
Registered
Reaction score
Would like to hear about any experiences with this promotional site. Thanks!
John

Do a Google search on it. There are a few links on the first page of results that will give you a mix of reviews. Some people are thrilled, some don't break even. Luck of the draw, McCaw.

I have it on good authority that Freebooksy, by the same folks but obviously for advertising free runs, is usually very effective and a better deal.

JWNelson

JWNelson
Registered
Reaction score
Website
jwnelson.net
Thanks!

Do a Google search on it. There are a few links on the first page of results that will give you a mix of reviews. Some people are thrilled, some don't break even. Luck of the draw, McCaw.

I have it on good authority that Freebooksy, by the same folks but obviously for advertising free runs, is usually very effective and a better deal.

That is what I also noticed after a search. I appreciate the tip on Freebooksy and have added that to my list.
regards
John

Emily Winslow

Do Not Walk on the Grass
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.emilywinslow.com
[Promotion] NewInBooks

I received a strange email this week, from someone representing the website newinbooks.com.

It seems like a nice site, full of author interviews, lists, etc. I would have been happy to see them write about my book. But their system of "inviting" authors to "submit" their books for consideration is odd. As you can see in the quote below, submission is by invitation only. What I can't figure out is: If they are interested enough in my book to "invite" me, why is the submission step required at all?

It made me wonder if perhaps that submission step is their way of building their membership/mailing list, and if their "community" is perhaps just other authors who had submitted previously, not readers! Or maybe they're under the mistaken impression that to write about a book requires the author's permission or participation?

I'm just mystified, honestly. Anyone have any experience with them, or similar situations?

Hi Emily,Congratulations on the upcoming publication of The Red House.
I am the editorial manager for NewInBooks, a community of over 70,000 readers who love to discover and read new books. We feature the best new releases in mystery and thriller in our weeky email, recommended reading lists and author inteviews. Featured authors have included Janet Evanovich, Tess Gerritsen, Karen Robards, Mark Dawson and others.
It looks like your book may be a good fit for our audience so we'd like to invite you to submit your book to our editorial team for inclusion on our site. The submission form is by invitation only and can be found here: Submit Your Book
We respect your time. If you don't want to receive emails from us you can unsubscribe anytime.
Good luck with your new book!

Last edited by a moderator:

Treehouseman

Registered
Reaction score
A lot of Promo sites that actually *work* have become the new gatekeepers in terms of getting eyes on pages.

Writers give up firstborn children to be on Bookbub these days, and it started off very much like this, so it looks like a version of the same? If they're inviting you for free it could be worth taking advantage of ??