• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Dark Horse Comics

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
I was in discussion with them for translating. I sent in some samples, talked with the person in charge of translations (he actually knew my name because we'd worked for the same organization), and it was pretty awesome. I was told they'd look at them and get back to me.

I heard back about two and a half years later. :tongue I don't really mind and find it pretty funny, honestly. I was told that they liked them and they'd keep me in mind if they had an opening, though I don't really expect to hear back unless I contact them again. I might do, though.

Stacia Kane

Girl Detective
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.staciakane.com
As a (very) general note...

it's my understanding from friends who work in the comics industry that it runs slightly different from prose publishing, in that artists (as in writers and visual artists) are expected to chase up/follow up/"push" a bit.

This is what I've been told by a few editors and higher-ups.

Whether it applies to ALL comics publishers or just that one or just the Big Two I can't say. Whether every single editor at any house feels that way or it's just the ones I've spoken to I can't say. I can't say that it applies or does not apply to Dark Horse and my comment shouldn't be taken as such. It's just what I've been told.

Anyone know anything further about that?