• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[eTailer/distributor] XinXii

Quiggs1982

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryellenquigley.com
Has anyone ever heard of Xin Xii? Apparently its a self-publishing website out of Europe. I got an email today from an Andrea Shober saying that she is the founder of the site. I was invited to upload my story and sell it.

The website appears legit (Don't they all!). I did a Google search for "Xin Xii scam" and returned nothing.

Red flags are waving because my story was just put on Smashwords yesterday. I'm thinking it could be a scam, and I really don't want to deal with that.

Do any of you know about this website?

Momento Mori

Tired and Disillusioned
Registered
Reaction score
Website is here: www.xinxii.com (but I'm having problems checking it out because it keeps crashing my Internet Explorer).

For a site that's supposedly "Europe's leading repository for self-published digital works", I've got to say that I've never heard of them and from what I can see of the site, they don't have many books on sale given that they cover so many countries.

Frankly, the fact that they're spam emailing people to invite them to sell on their site is never something that sits well with me.

MM

dgaughran

Banned
Reaction score
Website
davidgaughran.wordpress.com
Hey Quiggs,

They are legit, but have very low traffic.

I have been listed there with both my titles and have sold squat. In fact, the books have only been viewed around 40 times each, and a good chunk of that was me checking everything was okay.

In the same time I have sold 250 books on all the other channels.

So, list there by all means, but don't expect any sales.

Dave

P.S. I don't know anyone else who has sold there either.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Yeah, what David said. Except for the selling 250 books somewhere else - I'm still working on that.

Gotta add, though - what they lack in market share they make up for with enthusiasm. At least in the German branch (their original haunt), they're very social media friendly, keeping up with their authors on Twitter and Facebook and the likes, and often retweeting anything that may lead to sales. (Even though it hardly ever does.) Their service is pretty good, too.

elae

time to draw
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.niki-smith.com
Same. Our ebooks are available there and I think we've probably had under 10 sales (if we've had any at all). And our books have German versions too, which is supposed to be their original, bigger market. Hasn't made a difference. Not worth it.

Quiggs1982

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.maryellenquigley.com
Thanks everyone!

Even if they are legit, it doesn't seem like something worth wasting your time with. If the book isn't going to sell, or be seen by anyone, what's the purpose.

I'm passing up the offer.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
A la Smashwords, has added distribution to Amazon, B&N, et al.