• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Credo Communications / Credo House Publishers

Leigh86

Registered
Reaction score
Does anybody know more about this agency? They're a strictly Christian agency and David Sanford with them now. (He was the founder of Sanford Comm. Inc). http://www.credocommunications.net/index.php
This should take you to their website.
Just wondering if anybody knows some more about them. I'm a little bit curious.
Thanks!!!

Juneluv12

Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kristaashe.webs.com
Hey Leigh,

I know we're in the same Christian ball game together, so here's my story with them.

I got a request the same day(5/18) for a propsal from Rebekah Clark for my YA. I sent it off a day or so later. Monday night I got an email from her saying she loved what she'd read, and she was going to show it to her boss, but everything looked solid. I tried to hold off on the happy dance.

Tuesday night she emailed me a sample of Credo's proposal for me to begin working on. Another colleague said I had a lot of potential...still waiting on the boss.

Wednesday morning she emailed me back and told me to hold off on the proposal b/c the boss had said no. He'd tried representing a book with angels and had gotten a no from 15 Christian and secular publishers. He said the industry was interested in dark angels, not angels doing good(amazing they managed to make a whole tv. show about it a couple of years ago isn't it?!!!)

So, yeah, that's my .02 with them!!!!

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone recent experience with them? Do they keep a wall between their agenting and editing services? A skim of their lists doesn't find any overlap, but it's good to make sure.

This is, of course, aside from the issue of their "agented" authors being published in house ....

Last edited: