Paints and Brushes and Canvas, Oh My!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhubix

New kid, critique harshly!
Registered
Reaction score
I've worked with all kinds of paints, but gouache is definitely my favorite. It gives a nice versatility, and is more forgiving than watercolour.

Random trivia: Most of the older animation used gouache for backgrounds, all the characters and moving parts were painted in acrylic. :)

aibrean

Author, Designer, Imaginative Being
Registered
Reaction score
Website
aprilsadowski.com
I do love oil pastel though. I love blending with my fingers :) I just haven't touched them since college.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I've worked with all kinds of paints, but gouache is definitely my favorite. It gives a nice versatility, and is more forgiving than watercolour.

Random trivia: Most of the older animation used gouache for backgrounds, all the characters and moving parts were painted in acrylic. :)

That's an interesting fact! I didn't know that. :D

Alessandra Kelley

Sophipygian
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.alessandrakelley.com

That's an interesting fact! I didn't know that. :D

Using gouache is still the best way to get that distinctive Bugs Bunny background look. It works great in an airbrush too.

Status
Not open for further replies.