Trying to find a children's book...

Diomedes

Registered
Reaction score
I hope this is in the right forum.

Guys, I am trying to find a particular book read to me as a child by my teacher in the mid-1990s. It was about a kid who entered a world made of chocolate. I cannot remember more than that. However, I do remember there was another book read to us around the same time, where the world was made of textiles - I seem to remember it being set in a bed, but can't be sure. In both books the child was the protagonist and was told in the 3rd person.

I would be really grateful if anyone who can think of what either of these books might be, especially the chocolate one.

BW
D

cornflake

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
If Loganberry doesn't know, no one knows. Check the archives and the solved first, it's usually there. If you need to actually ask, it's worth the $3 or whatever, but I don't think I've known anyone who hasn't found the answer in the answers.

ETA: the old website is easier to search the solved on, imo.

Last edited:

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
To nobody's surprise, there's more than one book about a chocolate world. Me, I'm not that crazy about chocolate, although I like it, so I'm waiting until they have Mallocream Universe.

Amira's Totally Chocolate World, by J. Samia Mair
Candy's Chocolate Kingdom, by Nirat Littaney
The Chocolate Touch, by Margot Apple

And that's without searching Loganberry.

Sophia

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
The chocolate world makes me think of The Land of Goodies from Enid Blyton's Magic Faraway Tree stories. I'm not sure I can remember a land of textiles from those stories, and a quick look through those books on my shelf isn't finding it. I'll just have to read them again. :D

Diomedes

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. It's none of those - the first 2 are published after the '90s, and the last one doesn't really have its own world - which I remember distinctly.

- - - Updated - - -

To nobody's surprise, there's more than one book about a chocolate world. Me, I'm not that crazy about chocolate, although I like it, so I'm waiting until they have Mallocream Universe.

Amira's Totally Chocolate World, by J. Samia Mair
Candy's Chocolate Kingdom, by Nirat Littaney
The Chocolate Touch, by Margot Apple

And that's without searching Loganberry.

Thanks for the reply. It's none of those - the first 2 are published after the '90s, and the last one doesn't really have its own world - which I remember distinctly.

Diomedes

Registered
Reaction score
The chocolate world makes me think of The Land of Goodies from Enid Blyton's Magic Faraway Tree stories. I'm not sure I can remember a land of textiles from those stories, and a quick look through those books on my shelf isn't finding it. I'll just have to read them again. :D

I think you might be right. I cant remember how they got to the world, but it's much more like I remember from reading an extract on amazon. But I'm not sure if it is, because I remember there being one kid and yet in these there are 4 - though I really could be wrong. And the textile one I seem to remember could be the Land of Dreams.

But what I remember of that textile one, was the buttons on a mattress being like an oasis in a desert that they were travelling to.