Status
Not open for further replies.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I'll make you a deal (or maybe a threat, depending on how you look at it) : if you extend the deadline to June 1st, I promise to submit something. I'm not promising it will be brilliant, but I will make time to participate. ;)

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Way out there in BFE, where no one can hear you sc
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
OP updated with new deadline extension and submissions email addy (with Haggis' nifty (dot) replacement). Gifts for the hounds.

Now I want stories. Send the stories. Get them writ and sent. Or I'll chop you up with a chainsaw, puree you in a blender, and bake you into dog food for my dogs. That's a promise.

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, the deadline extension just tempts me horribly, as does the topic. Alas, I cannot make any promises, but I am sorely tempted to give it a try...

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Also, in fairness, anyone who has already emailed their story (I haven't checked yet) gets to rework it if they choose and resend it by the new deadline. We'll use the last copy received. :)

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Oh, the deadline extension just tempts me horribly, as does the topic. Alas, I cannot make any promises, but I am sorely tempted to give it a try...

Write the story... you know you want to...

Also, in fairness, anyone who has already emailed their story (I haven't checked yet) gets to rework it if they choose and resend it by the new deadline. We'll use the last copy received. :)

Absotively posolutely.

Crap.

*looks at current plot*

*scraps the bit about chopping with a chainsaw, pureeing in a blender, and baking into dog food*

Back to the drawing board...

:tongue

Great minds... you know what they say about those. ;)

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
You have two months to write and polish your manuscript starting March 1, 2011.

Submissions open May 1, 2011 and close on June 1, 2011.

Emails received before May 1st or after May 7th will be deleted.

Maybe this was covered elsewhere in the thread and I missed it, but which date is the deadline? May 7th or June 1st?

Thanks!

Angela

Named For a Song...
Registered
Reaction score
Ugh. Nevermind. I somehow missed this entire page! :e2smack:

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score
An extension? Hooray!!!

I've been working my butt off trying to get my story done by the deadline, but my boss has me working 10 to 11 hours a day. I was afraid I wasn't going to get it done in time.

That's great! I've already put way too much work into it to have missed out on it. :)

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
OP updated with new deadline extension and submissions email addy (with Haggis' nifty (dot) replacement). Gifts for the hounds.

Now I want stories. Send the stories. Get them writ and sent. Or I'll chop you up with a chainsaw, puree you in a blender, and bake you into dog food for my dogs. That's a promise.

Thank you so much! I have been working on mine for the last two weeks but I didn't think it was going to be ready before the deadline.

:Hail: Thank you!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Let's kick it out, kids. You've got more time now, but that doesn't mean it's time for slacking.

Get 'er done.

JP Walters

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I joined these forums pretty much for the sole purpose of submitting for this contest, but I've been lurking for a while. Hopefully I can get a bit more involved now. Glad to be here!

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I joined these forums pretty much for the sole purpose of submitting for this contest, but I've been lurking for a while. Hopefully I can get a bit more involved now. Glad to be here!

Welcome, JP. I hope you'll make yourself at home. There's lots here to enjoy.

I kept telling myself I wouldn't even try for this, but dang if I don't have something I'm working on that fits. So if it's finished in time, and I think it's any good, I'll submit it.

Awesome, sheila's-world. Keep up the fire!

sheilas_world

digging in my word garden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
newsfromsheilasworld.blogspot.com
How's everybody coming along with their stories? I had to do a little research to properly set my little tale, but am back at it (don't listen to anyone who tells you I'm older than dirt).

If all goes well, I will be done by this time next week and ready to submit shortly thereafter. Hooray!

night-flyer

roasting cows
Registered
Reaction score

:hi: JP good to you have you on board.

Still pounding away at the keys, almost there...gitting 'er done.

sthrnwriter

Snoopy Dance!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.freewebs.com
At the beginning of this there was talks of songs that may be relevant to the theme. I think I may have found another one. Its by an indie folk singer and songwriter named Jonah Knight. Here are the lyrics for those who may need a little extra inspiration:

Sleepy Little Creepy Little Town

There’s a little devil sitting on my shoulder
There’s a little monster swimming in the bog
There’s something growling deep in the forest
Always lock your windows when we get fog

All these open graves
Mutants living in the caves

There’s a sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere
There’s a creepy little town that’s the source of terror
Not the kind of place you wanna be out alone
This sleepy little, creepy little town is my home

There’s a nameless faceless thing crawling down from out of the hills
There’s a prehistoric prophecy on the verge of being fulfilled
Everybody in the village likes to gather at the general store
Talk about the screams coming from the mansion and compare our mysterious open sores

All these open graves
Mutants living in the caves

There’s a sleepy little town in the middle of nowhere
There’s a creepy little town that’s the source of terror
Not the kind of place to ever go out alone
This sleepy little, creepy little town is my home

EFCollins

World Class Rambler
Registered
Reaction score
Website
efcollins.blogspot.com
Only a couple weeks left till submissions close, hounds and fiends. Am glad y'all have made good use of the extra time. I is excited!!

Judges, I need email addresses for you all so Puppadom and I can send you some reading material in a fortnight or so. :) We're getting down to the nitty gritty. Cue the creepy inspirational music. We now have plenty of creepy songs to cue, too, thanks to the hounds and fiends.

Got to say I love the one above, sthrnwriter. Very creepy.

sheilas_world

digging in my word garden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
newsfromsheilasworld.blogspot.com
Still chugging along on my story, figuring out how to blend in some other characters' plot lines.

I've found myself in what is turning into a story-killing void while researching a couple of details (which don't seem to exist) but I'm getting to the point of just going with what I have and finishing the story. Guess I'll just put in a disclaimer at the end that I made stuff up. LOL

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Still chugging along on my story, figuring out how to blend in some other characters' plot lines.

I've found myself in what is turning into a story-killing void while researching a couple of details (which don't seem to exist) but I'm getting to the point of just going with what I have and finishing the story. Guess I'll just put in a disclaimer at the end that I made stuff up. LOL
Ya know, what the heck. If the research doesn't work, lie about it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.