Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Royals, your queen is in need of her rest. I will see you all tomorrow. Have a glorious night.

Until the morrow, Royals. Good night.

Beanie5

Live a poem...Or die a fool. \/
Registered
Reaction score
nighty Knight
Sleep Well Your M

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Very nice, Lord Daniel. What creative pursuits do you have planned?

Speaking of creative pursuits, do you write? If so, what do you write? Your Queen is curious. :)

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Fair Queen,

Primarily, I write novels. I'm up to my seventh-- currently working on the first draft. I am also editing my previous completed drafts. All in all, I have a lot of material on my plate to work with.

What type(s) of writing does the Sovereign engage in? : )

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Mystical Queen,

I've written novels that are in the realm of:

1) Contemporary
2) Science-Fiction
3) Fantasy
4) Magical Realism
5) Historical Fiction

I have not dedicated myself entirely to a specific genre, as I am trying to promote my growth as a writer. I prefer to write a story based on my ideas and, when it is finished, then categorize it.

I'll keep an eye out for your material. ;)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not published yet. I have a book in final polish and its sequel in the works. It is high, epic fantasy.

I have a couple of flash pieces--those are fantasy, and a couple short stories that are not. But I haven't bothered shopping those as flash and short stories are not my focus at the moment. Perhaps in the future. I have published one poem (the only one I have submitted) and will probably get around to publishing a chapbook at some point. But again, not my focus at the moment.

Have you published, or are you still spiffing up your work?

DanielSTJ

The Wandering Bard
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Queen,

No, I have not been published. I'm definitely still spiffing up my work. Additionally, I'm trying to maximize my skill-set. I think it's going to take me at least a year or two before I even consider submitting material. I do not want to give a bad impression and receive a bad reputation. I hope to be as professional as possible.

Nonetheless, I am enjoying every small step in the writing game. I LOVE reading, utilizing language and becoming cognizant of the nuances of the English language.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like you're taking all the right steps. When you get to the point of having your novels as good as you can get them, I highly recommend you send them out to a set of beta readers. The way I chose my betas was to get to know some people here and ask them, along with the one person I knew from outside of AW. If you have people you trust to give you an honest opinion and the time to give to your book, you are well ahead of the game. I recommend at the very minimum three. More would likely be better. I have four. And every beta has pointed out something different and caught simple mistakes that if I wasn't blind to them I would have corrected myself, so the benefits are undeniable.

Good luck with your writing career. :)

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good evening, Royals!

This week has really kicked my butt. Not in a bad way, like a couple of weeks ago, just physically. Lugging that big hose around is killer! I'm so sore at the end of the day I feel like gobbling ibuprofen like M&Ms. I actually skipped a few jobs today because my arms just gave out. And tomorrow I'll be on a tree crew because it'll be too cold to spray or feed. I've actually been looking forward to working on one, but timing is not the best. Dragging brush is tough work.

Snitchcat

Dragon-kitty.
Registered
Reaction score
Hey, Snitchcat, LTNS. :hi:

Princess Wicked! It has, indeed, been far too long! Hi! :hi: How are you, and how are the dungeons filling up?

SnitchCat! Good to see you!

I'm off work over 3 hours early because of my company's legal war with another part of itself. It's a long story but I don't know if I'll have a job tomorrow.

Good to see you too, Prince Ted! I hope all is well!

That internal legal war looks vicious. Despite the uncertainty, it is a good opportunity to research character traits, office politics, office wars, and legal idiocy. Excellent first-person seat, too. Popcorn?

Princess Snitchcat! *TACKLE HUGS!*

How are you doing?

(Dungeon Mistress, do you have the restraints handy?)

My dear queen! *GLOMP* I am still recovering from a pile of unmentionables, else doing well. More creative projects bubble and are turning into something with results. I shall know more soon. :)

How are you?

I love caves. I'm a spelunker from way back.

Super thanks you for the carrots and apples.

I'm no spelunker, but I do like reading about caves and armchair exploring them. Fascinating things. Also, as the resident absent dragon, I tend to lurk in caverns -- comfy ones.

Super is most welcome. I have more. :)

I'm pretty sure most things around the realm are bugged.

The walls have ears? Well, if you count the dust mites, they do indeed!

And tomorrow I'll be on a tree crew

As others have said, be careful! And if you feel unsafe at any point, please do not engage further in the work; your wellbeing and safety are always first!

Last edited:

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hanging in, Princess Snitchcat. At times only by my fingernails, but so far they have held. ;)

Dear Royals, your queen is weary. I'm going to my chambers. Have a wonderful evening. I'll see you on the morrow.

Good night.