• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Writers House

Chanelley

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone had the chance of an exclusive R&R with WH? Looking for some feedback!

heykatydid

Business Lumberjack
Registered
Reaction score
My only contribution is that I had a full request from an agent at WH prior to getting my offer. The WH website states they want exclusive submissions, but the agent assured me that they do not. I know the website concerned me, as I had other fulls out at the time and was certainly not going to stop sending any more. Maybe this can help put a few other minds at ease!

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! On their website they say that they "respond to all queries, generally within six to eight weeks" but the agent I queried only has a 20% response rate on Query Tracker and hasn't gotten back to me. Since they prefer you only query one agent at a time, how do I approach this? Do I withdraw the query from Agent A to query Agent B? Do I just CNR or would that be going against the rules?

Nether

has been brought to a creepy mansion in a cemetery
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all! On their website they say that they "respond to all queries, generally within six to eight weeks" but the agent I queried only has a 20% response rate on Query Tracker and hasn't gotten back to me. Since they prefer you only query one agent at a time, how do I approach this? Do I withdraw the query from Agent A to query Agent B? Do I just CNR or would that be going against the rules?

First question: How long has the query been with them? Has eight weeks passed?

Given the terms, you would probably have to withdraw your query before querying somebody... although there could be issues there if they've seen it and are mulling things over.

Personally, I'd probably just wait until it's been some outrageous amount of time, but I also once had a query -- through QT -- with an agent for 5 months before I got a rejection (actually, might've had a longer one, too). But, as a general rule, if something says "eight weeks" I'd wait until twelve weeks.

Reactions: LStein

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
I'd scout around on twitter for the agent, but if eight weeks had gone by I would have no issue with CNRing and querying a second agent.

On my first novel, Allie Levick R'd in 39 days. Brianne Johnson R'd in 38 days. Merrilee Heffitz never replied. I did wonder if I had ended up in a maybe pile. Never followed up on it. But on novel 2, Merrilee R'd in 22 days.

Reactions: LStein

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
First question: How long has the query been with them? Has eight weeks passed?

Given the terms, you would probably have to withdraw your query before querying somebody... although there could be issues there if they've seen it and are mulling things over.

Personally, I'd probably just wait until it's been some outrageous amount of time, but I also once had a query -- through QT -- with an agent for 5 months before I got a rejection (actually, might've had a longer one, too). But, as a general rule, if something says "eight weeks" I'd wait until twelve weeks.
Yeah, it's been 82 days.

ETA: I just noticed this on her PM page: "Please let me know if you receive interest from another agent." Does that mean I should let her know another agent has requested the full or only if there's an offer?

Last edited:

LStein

figuring it all out
Registered
Reaction score
Wanted to add that I had a great experience querying Amy Berkower. Genevieve, the in house editor, was polite and communicative during the process. They requested a partial (100 pages) and though they rejected it, Genevieve sent me detailed feedback. I replied with a suggestion of how to fix the problem and asked if Amy would reconsider revised pages. Genevieve agreed with my idea, but said they weren't open to the revised pages. However, she told me to consider them for my next book. Very helpful and professional.

Reactions: TeresaRose