Not open for further replies.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
so it gives him the right to be a jerk?
Here's another hint: If I were being a jerk, I'd've answered "Because." or some other less-than-elaborative response as suited your less-than-apposite question.

You still haven't answered mine.

Don West

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I don't agree with visiting one site to trash another. However, it can be a public service to warn other writers of what's going on. In much the same way as we do with publishers and agents. And we really trash them, don't we. :) Think PA! I really can't see the difference.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I don't agree with visiting one site to trash another. However, it can be a public service to warn other writers of what's going on. In much the same way as we do with publishers and agents. And we really trash them, don't we. :) Think PA! I really can't see the difference.

You don't see a difference between warning someone about scams and warning them that another forum doesn't like boob photos?

Deleted member 42

I'm sure that when AW becomes a democracy, your vote will be fully counted.

Don West

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
You don't see a difference between warning someone about scams and warning them that another forum doesn't like boob photos?

It's not only the censorship, but the erratic moderation and privacy issues as well. When there are several mods on a forum, like here, it's a protection of sorts against abuse by one individual who sees him/herself as some sort of demi-god.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
For f'k's sake people: AW IS NOT THE PLACE TO WHINGE ABOUT THE MODERATION POLICES OF OTHER, PRIVATE BOARDS -- not the least when you haven't a clue what censorship is.

But, here, since you're having such difficulty understanding the word "no", I'm giving you some time to parse it out. </demi-god>

Last edited:

Clementine B

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
But this is censorship that goes way beyond the pale. For instance, on AW there is a thread which lists other writer's sites. Someone posted something similar on WN and it was deleted. The only reason I can think of, is that they're afraid of the competition!

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
That's two of you with three days off to consider carefully that "knock it off" means KNOCK IT OFF.

Kensington

Absolute Blight
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
Hmmm...just curious as to why this thread was allowed to remain in the first place, if the topic is so out-of-bounds. It was locked, I believe, just a few days ago, but then re-opened.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
That was already answered on the previous page, Kensington.
Because it provides information to actual WN members who have trouble connecting to the site and wonder if it's Just Them.

Do you have anything useful to add?

The thread that was started a couple of days ago got combined with the long-running Writers.net thread, for purposes of keeping things searchable.

It's been patiently explained over and over and over again that it's entirely different to have a place where people can check in (a thread that's been here since 2008, btw) and letting disgruntled people just air their general grievances with the moderation policies on another (privately-owned) board.

Did you wish to take issue with that policy, or are you just not actually bothering to read what people are posting?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.