Precious Celine

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Just came to my attention today, although it happened a couple of days ago.

Celine Dion brought back memories of the SARS days on the Gold Coast yesterday, appearing in a medical mask when leaving her luxury hotel with husband Rene Angelil and son Rene-Charles.

The French-Canadian warbler has angered fans by postponing her Brisbane concert, due to a throat infection and "irritated sinuses".

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,23436419-5013560,00.html

What is she so precious about?

Please. A bit over the top, don't you think?

JJ

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What?

I always wear a medical mask when I go out in public with a sore throat. Doesn't everybody?

:roll:

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Seriously though, I think this takes the 'Diva act' to an all-time ridiculous level.

JJ

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
I think she got some bad advice about the air quality on the Gold Coast. And some bad advice from her publicity people with regards to wearing that silly mask in public.

JJ

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Wake up, man! She's not wearing the mask to keep your foul Australian air out! She's wearing it to protect others against infection, that's the kind of gal Céline is.

Personally I wouldn't want her coughing and sneezing her germs all over me, tho' if it happened I'd probably sell them on eBay.

-Derek

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe that's what she's doing, keeping the mask to sell on eBay. I heard she was a bit 'tight' with the money.

JJ

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I don't think we're talking about the same Céline Dion, she's a generous charity supporter. Can't someone just have a sore throat once in a while? Damn Australian germs, always looking for a brawl.

-Derek

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Always comes back to how much charity they do. When we all know celebrities get involved with charities to reduce their taxes. They make more money from giving to charities.

JJ

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Always comes back to how much charity they do. When we all know celebrities get involved with charities to reduce their taxes. They make more money from giving to charities.

JJ

Makes you feel good to point the finger at someone else doesn't it? Nothing feels better than judging people you barely know and second guessing why they do what they do.

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Sure. Prove me wrong. Do you think any celebrity who gives to charity doesn't write off those donations against their taxes?

I'm just being realistic here.

JJ

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
And that negative rep point was uncalled for IMO. You know who you are (not James81). Am I not entitled to an opinion? Outa here.

JJ

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Please let's not get personal, otherwise I'll move this thread to Politics & Current Events forum. If the unpleasantness continues there I'll make sure the thread never gets closed, ever. You have been warned.

-Derek

Bufty

Where have the last ten years gone?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think the negative rep point was more than called for, JJ. And I didn't get any pleasure out of giving it either.

I just think it's unfair to burden us ordinary members with the responsibility of protecting Celia. I'm a long outstanding fan of hers. The so-called Mod in charge here should at least have given you a time-out. And you should have been man enough to stay here till you got it -get it?

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Break it up.

*cracks knuckles*

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Sure. Prove me wrong. Do you think any celebrity who gives to charity doesn't write off those donations against their taxes?

I'm just being realistic here.

JJ

Who cares if they write off for taxes? How much money have YOU donated to charity lately? And why WOULDN'T you write it off for taxes? Why give the government more money than you have to?

James81

Great Scott Member
Registered
Reaction score
Then again you're probably just hamming this up for an April Fool's gag. lol

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Seriously though, I think this takes the 'Diva act' to an all-time ridiculous level.

Really? Wearing a mask is a "diva" act? That's... interesting. People have the consideration to do it all over Asia to avoid spreading germs to others. Those darn Chinese divas.

And if your entire career depended on your throat, I'd say you'd protect it, too. It's a bit like a writer breaking his... brain.

Slow news day, I guess.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
I'm just glad Celene is finally out of Vegas. Now she can spread herself about the globe like a fungus.

The Killers rock!

dpaterso

Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
fooled.jpg

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Forgive me, for I have gone down a path one should never take. I have learnt a valuable lesson.

Next year it's Orlando for sure.

JJ