Some sad news - arrowqueen - rest in peace

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Was just thinking about you, you sarcastic old broom. I hope you're somewhere.

-B

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
We raised a glass or two for you tonight, Irene. It's been two years since your passing and we still haven't forgotten you and it's not likely we ever will.

Here's to you, my friend. I'll shove someone off a cliff just for you. :)

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
AQ,

Cass shoved me off a cliff today. You'd have been so proud.

Coke and Vodka?

BK

DNA_girl

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I'm arrowqueen's daughter, and I truly appreciate all the comments above. I'd like to try and continue some form of presence floating about, to connect with everyone that she did, and also try and post my own waffle now and again, since I no longer have my handy critic.

All the best,
dna_girl

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Hello,

I'm arrowqueen's daughter, and I truly appreciate all the comments above. I'd like to try and continue some form of presence floating about, to connect with everyone that she did, and also try and post my own waffle now and again, since I no longer have my handy critic.

All the best,
dna_girl

I'm so glad you're here! We loved your mom like crazy, and miss her quite a lot. She was one of a kind.

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Hello,

All the best,
dna_girl
I'm so glad to see you here. Thank you for joining us. Your mom was such a blessing in my life and I know in the lives of many she interacted with in the AW chat room over the years. Her advice was always wise and welcome. I wish I had the words to adequately express how much she helped us all.

:Hug2:

Good Word

still crazy after all these years
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.wordmountain.com
Your mom was so funny--I still remember her humor. At the end of some of her posts, she would say:

<curtsies, falls off podium>

The ability to make others laugh on a regular basis is a gift, and she certainly had it.

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

All the best,
dna_girl
We're glad to have you.

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

All the best,
dna_girl

Loved AQ a tonne. Her death left a void for a lot of us, and I think it still does.

Welcome to AW. =) With a side of extra welcome.

GFanthome

At the computer, opening a vein
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bit.ly
How very unfortunate. I'm afraid I'm feeling especially down right now myself, having just lost my grandma this past weekend. While she wasn't a writer, she was a wonderful lady.

Alan Yee

Still Here!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My eyes are starting to water as I'm writing this. I feel horrible that I haven't posted in this thread yet, considering how much Irene meant to me. I think I haven't posted in this thread at all in the last three years is that I could not properly articulate how much of a friend she was to me. Back in the 2006-2007 years, when I was fourteen/fifteen/sixteen, I practically lived in the AW chatroom. As many of the regular chatters back then know, I was going through a very difficult time in my life. She always knew just what to say to make me laugh and temporarily forget about whatever I was dealing with.

She died the same month as one of my grandmothers, which happened a month after I lost one of my grandfathers. I felt her loss just as I felt the loss of my family members.

I considered her a dear friend, just as I consider many people on AW to be friends. There were things I told Irene and others back then that I haven't told anyone offline until the past few months during my first year of college. Like someone on the first page (Perks?) said, I knew Irene and many of my AW pals better than I knew many of the people I knew in "real life." I admittedly haven't thought about Irene for a while, but right now I realize just how much I wish she were still here.

DNA_girl, I'm glad you showed up. Your mother devoted so much of her time hanging out with us, offering virtual hugs, jokes, and advice. I may not think about her all the time, but I will forget the time she took from her life to be a sympathetic listener (reader?) for a troubled teenage boy. Please do stay in touch with the board.

kdnxdr

One of the most important people in the world
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
steadydrip.blogspot.com
RIP ArrowQueen

I just found this thread and the news of your passing.

I've only visited the chatroom a bit but, you always made me feel welcomed.

I just hope someone in my family cares to come and read my stuff in the forums.

What a legacy, wonderful to have you DNA!

AFord

You know U R a book lover when ...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
af12.webs.com
Welcome, and sorry for your loss. She sounds like a remarkable human being, and that's a memory you may add to all the other special ones you guys shared together. May you find the peace and comfort to move on with courage. Peace & blessings along your path...