• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Diana Finch Literary Agency

K-Mark

Philly Phanatic
Registered
Reaction score
I found this on Pub Mrtkplce

December 3, 2007
s.gif
s.gif
Foreign rights:
Non-fiction Japanese rights to NYT Digital Domain columnist Randall Stross's untitled book on Google, to NHK, at auction, by The English Agency, on behalf of Diana Finch Literary Agency and the Elizabeth Kaplan Literary Agency.
[email protected]
s.gif
s.gif
November 15, 2007
s.gif
s.gif
Foreign rights:
Non-fiction Portuguese rights to Michael Ruhlman's THE ELEMENTS OF COOKING, to Zahar, by Diana Finch Literary Agency, in association with Agencia Riff, on behalf of the Elizabeth Kaplan Literary Agency. [email protected]

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
I put a feeler out but have nothing more to add. Did you query? I would love to hear what happened, and I will keep you posted as well.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone queried her and heard anything. I think I really like this one. Any info would be great. Thanks.

justme

Well butter my biscuit!
Registered
Reaction score
I queried her. Got a same day rejection. Nice response and fast.

thequotegal

Registered
Reaction score
Queried...heard back in less than a week, with a request for a partial. Rejection one month later. A nice, personal one. Information on her is fairly scarce.

Tarzan

She has had a full of mine for quite some time. She's apparently pretty busy. She has expertise in the foreign sales area so she would be great for ancillary sales after U.S. I have sent several status equeries and she says it is still in her queue. We shall see. Not a lot of info on her other than what has already been listed.

Leigh86

Registered
Reaction score
Queried her. Heard back a few hours later. She said no, but it sounded like an automatic reply. Maybe she's not accepting right now, but I'm not sure.

kipkayak

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kipwkoelsch.wordpress.com
Sent her a basic query for my debut suspense/thriller on 3/26/2009 and got a request for the first 50 late today (3/30/2009). It will be going out in tomorrow's mail.

I'll let you know how I make out.

Anyone else heard from her lately?

gladspooky

Registered
Reaction score
queried on 9/22, got a request for 10 pages (which she says to include with the query in her guidelines, though i was working on a different set of guidelines) on the 24th, got a rejection on the 27th

very quick responses, very nice and cordial

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
The author I've been ghostwriting for sent a query through the online submission form on 4/11/11. He got a reply from her on 6/22 saying she was still considering his submission and wanted to confirm he's still seeking representation. She's supposed to let him know "within a month", so perhaps I'll be able to post some news in a few days...
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Thomax Green

Registered
Reaction score
Diana Finch of Diana Finch Literary responded to my query requesting that I pay her money for feedback and editing services for my query. The reply was generic and I feel she sends this to everyone she rejects trying to make money off of desperate writers. She is an AAR agent which forbids this kind of activity, but she says she can get away with it because she doesn't intent to represent anyone she helps with her services. You may not want to query this agency. I also reported her to AAR.

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
While I haven't queried Ms. Finch, I have met and spoken with her on several occasions. I have the highest regard for her. She chairs AAR's international committee, and from the meeting I attended, has the respect of her fellow agents. She's also heavily involved in BEA's global market forum. Every year she moderates a panel. She's an Ivy League grad, and every time I've spoken with her, I'm impressed--and a little intimidated--by her intelligence. I can't speak to this new editorial service, but I can say with certainty that she's legitimate, a leading force in AAR, and highly respected.

victoriastrauss

Writer Beware Goddess
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.victoriastrauss.com
Kmarshall--this is why Writer Beware asks for documentation: we don't accept isolated complaints without backup. If I do receive the documentation as requested, I'll report back here. If I don't, I'll consider the report of fees unsubstantiated.

- Victoria

Kmarshall

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it'd be embarrassing for someone to contact AAR with a complaint, only to find it's against someone so respected in the association--a committee chair, no less. I'd like to save anyone from that kind of mistake.