Registered
Reaction score
This. It was down in the basement.

window2.gif

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
There are some interesting antique horrors down there, though, I know, you're right, this fella does seem to be standing in the attic. It may be one of those trick staircases in this haunted house, the kind that seems to be going down, but is really going up. There are a lot of old houses like that, you end up on the third floor, trapped in the wall, peeking out through the eyes of an old, dusty painting.

"Hello? Hello? Is someone there?" Excuse me, I thought I heard someone.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Haunted-Houses-06.jpg

Here's a great example, the Winchester House, built to house the many ghosts of those murdered by the guns sold to earn the 5.5 million spent to build this house. It appears friendly enough. I guess you'd have to spend a night to know for sure. I wonder if they have writer's conventions?

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
It looks like Michael from Halloween. I tried to get it to paste for the avatar, but it says it's an invalid URL.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
I tried two different images, plus this with your window. No luck. Are you supposed to right click like you do to paste an image into a thread? If so, it's not working.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, but what was he doing hiding in the basement?

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd drag him up to do a little scaring. lol I've been messing around for about thirty minutes trying to change my AV. No luck. I must be doing it wrong.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I thought I'd drag him up to do a little scaring. lol I've been messing around for about thirty minutes trying to change my AV. No luck. I must be doing it wrong.

Hang on. Let me play a bit.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Hang on. Let me play a bit.

Okay. It's working.

What you have to to is copy the link by holding down your right mouse button, and sliding it across the whole link. Then right click and hit "copy". Go to your user CP and enter change avatar. Place that in the upload section, then hit apply. It works, and it's neat.

Let me know if you have trouble doing it. If it's still a hassle, I'll see if RT can help you out. :D

I'm going to go look at it as my avatar for a minute or so, and then I'll change back to my "Wanted" poster.

ETA: It's cool. It's really cool.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Hey there Spooky. Now you're really scary, eh?

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. It's working.

What you have to to is copy the link by holding down your right mouse button, and sliding it across the whole link. Then right click and hit "copy". Go to your user CP and enter change avatar. Place that in the upload section, then hit apply. It works, and it's neat.

Let me know if you have trouble doing it. If it's still a hassle, I'll see if RT can help you out. :D

I'm going to go look at it as my avatar for a minute or so, and then I'll change back to my "Wanted" poster.

ETA: It's cool. It's really cool.

Errrrrr$%^%^! Nope! Yesterday I was clicking on the picture, copying the location, like I do to copy into a post. But I also tried copying the address as you said. I tried again just now the way you said. Invalid URL. Could it be something in my system stopping it? A firewall maybe? Maybe I should be satisfied that I learned how to put a pic in my posts.

Oh well, I do like this Ayla character I use. I always related to her trying to fit in with Neanderthals, though it may be I've got the situation reversed when it comes to working a pc.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Errrrrr$%^%^! Nope! Yesterday I was clicking on the picture, copying the location, like I do to copy into a post. But I also tried copying the address as you said. I tried again just now the way you said. Invalid URL. Could it be something in my system stopping it? A firewall maybe? Maybe I should be satisfied that I learned how to put a pic in my posts.

Oh well, I do like this Ayla character I use. I always related to her trying to fit in with Neanderthals, though it may be I've got the situation reversed when it comes to working a pc.

I had a similar problem when I first tried to post my glinty-eyed haggis avatar. Jenna had to tweak some settings for me, but it eventually worked. Let me know if you change your mind and I'll find someone who can help you out.

Status
Not open for further replies.