My kids found a ferret!

Status
Not open for further replies.

plaidearthworm

Rock and Squiggle
Registered
Reaction score
Kitten food will do.

I've owned several ferrets. They've never bitten anyone. Not in any mean way, only in a kitten/puppy kind of nipping "hey, we're having fun here!" kind of way.

Ferrets are like that, like little kittens/puppies that never grow up.

Hey, how did you get out of that cat carrier? Sneaky ferret! :)

Tornadoboy

I bite
Registered
Reaction score
My sister has gone through 4 ferrets and they're great pets if properly cared for. As far as biting goes I've never seen one bite with malicious intent, they're like cats in that they like to nip you when they play.

Be careful about handling an animal who's history you are not sure of, you can never be certain as to whether they have gotten their rabies shots and haven't caught the disease from another animal while on the loose.

Believe me, rabies is NOT a disease to be taken lightly, it is still considered one of the most deadly diseases on the planet.

Last edited:

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Like many recently tamed wild animals, ferrets can be aggressive if neglected (such as keeping them in a cage in the garage all day) or mistreated (such as preparing them properly as part of a high-protein low-fat diet). Love your ferret and unless you have a bad apple, your ferret will love you.
Um, no. Unless by recently you mean in the last 2,500 years.

And I have never run across an aggressive ferret unless, like any animal, it is scared and feels cornered.

Status
Not open for further replies.