Feeling a bit overwhelmed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why I always get so far ahead of myself. Within three days of sending out a revised query, I've received five partial requests and one full request from an agent I'm told is very reputable and comes "highly recommended" on P&E.

My mother doesn't know anything about the publishing process (and I'm a fledgling myself) is telling me I should get a lawyer to look over my agent contract, but I don't even HAVE an agent contract. I don't even have an offer for representation.

I keep thinking, what if all these requests turn into a no? What if a lot of them turn into a yes and I have to choose, and I make the wrong choice? What if I hate the cover art and there's nothing I can do about it?

I'm terrified.

Someone distract me. I need a hug or a straightjacket, or maybe a hug from a straightjacket.

Talk to me. About something. Anything. What's the velocity of an air laden swallow?

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Someone distract me.
When's the last time you had sex or a good chocolate milkshake? I think waiting for queries is like watching my neighbor's wife doing her morning exercise.

I'd rather not look, thank you.

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
I think this is a two-birds/one-stone solution...

If you're sporting the straitjacket, aren't you pretty much already hugging yourself? :D

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
We were supposed to have a group hug, but I ended up hugging myself. No love.

I think this is a two-birds/one-stone solution...

If you're sporting the straitjacket, aren't you pretty much already hugging yourself? :D

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...What's the velocity of an air laden swallow?
This site should take your mind off your troubles for a while.

And speaking of hugs (and birds), this one ranks high:

bird-hugs-mouse.jpg

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why I always get so far ahead of myself. Within three days of sending out a revised query, I've received five partial requests and one full request from an agent I'm told is very reputable and comes "highly recommended" on P&E.
First of all, party time!!
1.gif
Way to go!!
My mother doesn't know anything about the publishing process (and I'm a fledgling myself) is telling me I should get a lawyer to look over my agent contract, but I don't even HAVE an agent contract. I don't even have an offer for representation.

I keep thinking, what if all these requests turn into a no?
Then use that same wonderful query for the next one or two on your list.
What if a lot of them turn into a yes and I have to choose, and I make the wrong choice?
Take things one step at a time. You may not even have to cross that bridge.
What if I hate the cover art and there's nothing I can do about it?
Honey, that's why you're getting an agent. They'll have made sure the ability to change it was in the publisher's contract and negotiate a better one for you.
I'm terrified.
All new stuff is scary. But the alternative is pretty boring. ;)
Someone distract me. I need a hug or a straightjacket, or maybe a hug from a straightjacket.
Sent you one (a hug that is--we're still using the straitjacket).
Talk to me. About something. Anything. What's the velocity of an air laden swallow?
Is he flying with or against the wind?

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
Hehe.. is that a little teddy bear hamster? He looks like he's thinking "Yeeesss, yeeesss, I can eat this bird."

This site should take your mind off your troubles for a while.

And speaking of hugs (and birds), this one ranks high:

bird-hugs-mouse.jpg

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
He is flying on the breath of an angry French guard.

Oh, well that changes everything.

Multiply the # of times the guard brushes his teeth each day x the number of air molecules on the back of a swallow and then multiply that by the reciprocal of (1 + uv/c2).

KikiteNeko

Registered
Reaction score
...seven?

Oh, well that changes everything.

Multiply the # of times the guard brushes his teeth each day x the number of air molecules on the back of a swallow and then multiply that by the reciprocal of (1 + uv/c2).

Williebee

Capeless, wingless, & yet I fly.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ifoundaknife.com
"What if all of them say no?"

Then more people will have said no to you than have actually been reached by a large portion of this board.

Pat yourself on the back. Now quit screwing around waiting on what might be and get back to work.

This one is out there. Go write the next thing.

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
What's the velocity of an air laden swallow?

According to NASA and the Tums company, air-laden swallows can generate gaseous velocities of up to seventy (70) mph depending on body size. Tornadic conditions in the tummy may also occur. If one doesn't want to blast one's significant other or beloved pets out of bed in the night, only minimal amounts of air swallowing are recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.