Status
Not open for further replies.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thoughtsfromthecave.blogspot.com
I'd love to have the time and money to take about eight weeks off and drive across the country towards Montana. I want to camp along the way so I can really see the the places I visit. Once in Montana I'd love to go on a horseback riding adventure to further experience the place. I've never been there, but it just looks so darn inviting to me. How about you?

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
I guess I already had mine - back in 1996 my husband and I went to Tahiti for a week.

That proved hard to beat, but since then we've been to Europe and on a Mexican cruise, amongst other places.

I would like to have a good month to spend in beautiful places like GREECE and Italy.

And maybe an Alaska cruise someday.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Any place that is all inclusive. I don't want to plan, or worry about paying for anything. (I do enough of that at home!) Someplace where I can relax and be spoiled. :)

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I already had it: all expenses paid trip to Las Vegas, everything (I mean EVERYTHING) included, from flight to hotel to meals to show tickets to gambling money.

Oh, and another one I already had: sailing around the Bahamas on a private sailboat. That one cost me about $200 in airfare, though. :)

Oh, another one: camping by the beach with my kids, and sitting with them to watch the sun rise over the Atlantic ocean. Been there, done that, too.

Drive cross-country! Oops, did that, too.

C'mon, Joyce, go to Montana! Look for one of those 'working vacation' packages, where you can be a ranch hand! That'd be cool. And probably cheap, too, since you'd work off your room and board. :)

GO! If not now, when?

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
C'mon, Joyce, go to Montana! Look for one of those 'working vacation' packages, where you can be a ranch hand! That'd be cool. And probably cheap, too, since you'd work off your room and board. :)

GO! If not now, when?

I'd probably never leave the ranch. Actually, I'm hoping in the next couple of years to have life together enough to do this. :)

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Paris is always my standard answer for vacation. I would so love to go again in May when the gardens are a-bloom and the skies drizzle a little at night. I'm also eager to visit the Mediterranean, anywhere: South of France, Majorca, Cyprus.

Right now though, I'm just dreaming of somewhere a little warmer than here, sharing a king sized bed with my guy, and ordering room service. :) I don't ask for much.

DWSTXS

Mr Mojo Risin...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
A cruise.
Sitting on the deck in the shade, looking out over the ocean. seeing a whale and some porpoise playing. Sipping on a drink, and writing. Later, heading to the free buffet. Of course, I'll bring my thanksgiving pants along. LOL

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Great question. When we moved to Florida, howie said that was our permanent vacation and we haven't gone anyway since. Boy, was I duped. lol. My favorite though would have to be Hawaii, any island there.

eldragon

in a van down by the river
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
lifeat42.blogspot.com
A cruise.
Sitting on the deck in the shade, looking out over the ocean. seeing a whale and some porpoise playing. Sipping on a drink, and writing. Later, heading to the free buffet. Of course, I'll bring my thanksgiving pants along. LOL

That, to me, was the worst thing about the cruise we went on: the never ending food.

It was all sit-down service and the food was good, but I got so sick of eating!

When we went to Tahiti, it was Club Med, which was all inclusive. Also a wonderful thing.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Joyce - when I was in high school, my parents and I camped (and hoteled when we needed a shower...) from our home in California, up through Oregon, Washinton, Idaho, and into Montana. One of the best trips of my life. We all fell in love with Montana, "big sky country." It's gorgeous. GO.

My dream vacation? Gosh. My dream vacation is always to visit somewhere new, somewhere completely different I've never been before. So far I've been to:
- Washington DC
- The UK
- Prague and a few other places in the Czech Republic
- Italy
- China (all over the Shandong province, Beijing, and Dunhuang and Lanzhou in the northwest - Gobi desert)

I think my next trip is going to be Jerusalem, to tour the holy land with my mom and some of her friends from church. She's planning that for 2009.

Wherever I go, I like to do it "authentically." I don't like tour groups or packages and I hate cruises. :) I like to blend in and live like the locals as far as it's possible, explore on my own, etc. Of course I kinda stuck out in China, but I actually did live there. :)

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Great question. When we moved to Florida, howie said that was our permanent vacation and we haven't gone anyway since. Boy, was I duped. lol. My favorite though would have to be Hawaii, any island there.

LOL My husband says all the time we live in Paradise. I admit where I live is fantastic but I like to see different things. I guess that's why when I plan our camping trips I go north. I then get to see something different than palm trees, palm trees, palm trees. Give me some deep woods, a mountain anything but the beach. I know that sounds sad....I think I've lived on the beach too long and don't appreciate it.

williemeikle

The force is strong in this one.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.williammeikle.com
I'm in the middle of mine... spending six months in Canada travelling around and getting some writing done during the wintery bits.... :)

Willie

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Attainable: A week in a house on the shore of Lake Tahoe.

After I'm rich and famous: A week in Ivrea, Italy to revel in the architecture left behind by Olivetti. Side trip to Venice for the same reason.

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
...My husband says all the time we live in Paradise...
Isn't it strange how when you live in Florida, so many folks from up north really believe you live in paradise? I can imagine what some people from Montana must be thinking now: She wants to leave Florida to come here, to visit Montana? Is she crazy? Boy, what I'd give to be in Florida right now!

I don't like to travel, so there's nowhere I want to go and no place I'd rather be than right here where my butt is parked. :)

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
I've done a decent amount of travelling, but right now I'm dying to go to Argentina and Uruguay. The flight is just too long for my kids and I don't like long trips without them. Maybe in a couple of years.

joyce

I'm really shy...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Isn't it strange how when you live in Florida, so many folks from up north really believe you live in paradise? I can imagine what some people from Montana must be thinking now: She wants to leave Florida to come here, to visit Montana? Is she crazy? Boy, what I'd give to be in Florida right now!
:)

Actually I was thinking about this when I was writing this post. I knew there would be people thinking I was crazy to dream of going to Montana. I live a block from the ocean on a barrier island that still isn't over populated. I really live in paradise but I've lived in paradise my whole life. Give me the woods, mountains, a trout stream and I'd feel like I was in paradise. :D

Appalachian Writer

Somewhere in the hills....
Registered
Reaction score
My first choice is a long visit to the Holy Land. However, I've also dreamed of taking the castle tour of Ireland. Maybe... *she gulps as she writes, pauses, then presses on*WHEN I become a best-selling author, I can afford one or both of these options!

Zelenka

Going home!
Registered
Reaction score
Ideal holiday - Venice for the carnival with some tall, handsome bloke in tow.

Might well be going to Venice next year for my 30th / Graduation, don't know about the other parts though. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.