• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Donald Maass Literary Agency

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Jennifer Udden left the Maass Agency and Joined the Barry Goldblatt Agency at the beginning of January.

Might be worth emailing her at query.judden - at - gmail.com.

(FWIW, I'm a client)

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
Hmm, just curious, Amergina: is Jen a 'no response means no interest' agent? I just checked my spreadsheet, and I'm at 90+ days with her on a query. I don't mind, because I automatically put no-response queries as 'No' when five months have passed. I don't want to pester her needlessly.

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Probably more fitting if this gets moved to the BGLA thread, but I do think she tries to respond to all queries and certainly to requested submissions.

Jeneral

Cat wrangler
Registered
Reaction score
I'm at about 100 days with her on a query myself.

Sparverius

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.essahansen.com
Hi all. I did a 16.5 month exclusive R&R with Don between 01/19/2017 and 06/01/2018. The full history is on QueryTracker in the Comments. He offered representation in the end (nudged by an offer from another agent), but I’ve declined.

His craft/editorial advice is top notch, and he was always very kind and personable in emails. My impression has been that he is extremely busy and doesn’t have much time for new or potential clients. He sets a high bar for quality, so be prepared to tackle a lot of revision, and be patient through months of radio silence. Deadlines are your friend!

Lady Fox

Registered
Reaction score
Jennie's one of my preferred agents, as is the Donald Maas Lit Agency:) I queried Jennie early May and just waiting for a reply.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you :)

If you write science fiction or fantasy, you'll be in good hands if she takes you on. Jennie's my agent as well, and she's got clients from all over the world, US, Oz, UK, Canada, with different dispositions. Plotters like me fit in just as well as lyrical writers like Jeannette Ng.

Woollybear

Registered
Reaction score
Jennie is one of my top goals - of the 100 agents I have spreadsheeted, she's definitely in the uppermost echelon, she puts out a great vibe, great agency, and her MSWL sounds like a fit. Love that she has such a positive energy about her work.

Which is a long-winded way of saying I won't query her soon, because the rejection would be more than I could handle right now!

Scythian

Registered
Reaction score
Query sent, rejected nicely a month and a half later.

Lady Fox

Registered
Reaction score
If you write science fiction or fantasy, you'll be in good hands if she takes you on. Jennie's my agent as well, and she's got clients from all over the world, US, Oz, UK, Canada, with different dispositions. Plotters like me fit in just as well as lyrical writers like Jeannette Ng.

Thanks Shoeless but it's a thanks but no thanks from Jennie.

Onwards and upwards.

ChibiUsagi

Banned
Reaction score
I've also queried Jennie, and am waiting a reply. I've got some time to wait, I know! She's on the top of my wishlist as the agent of one of my favorite authors (Jim Butcher).

She is very nice, as well, I met her at a Book-Thing.

She really does read queries. Each and every one.

Shoeless

Registered
Reaction score
She is very nice, as well, I met her at a Book-Thing.

She really does read queries. Each and every one.

You're one up on me, Chibi. I'm her client, and I've only ever spoken to her on the phone, never met her face-to-face. Oh well, maybe if I ever have an excuse to attend a World Fantasy Con or some other event she's attending, it'll happen one of these days.

PeteMC

@PeteMC666
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
talonwraith.wordpress.com
I've also queried Jennie, and am waiting a reply. I've got some time to wait, I know! She's on the top of my wishlist as the agent of one of my favorite authors (Jim Butcher).

No, that's not Jennie - Jim's agent is Jennifer Jackson (same agency though).