'THE "I NEED A NONFICTION ARTICLE CRIT" THREAD (Have an article in SYW? Tell us here.

jdkiggins

Troubled-Talks with animals.
Registered
Reaction score
The "Dead Zone" in PA. (The state.) All lit up and
Website
home.comcast.net
Article Crit Please

If you've come here because you've posted something in Share Your Work in response to one of the freelance prompts and need feedback, let us know here.

Please post in the Nonfiction area of the Share Your Work forum.

Those kind enough to crit, please post your crit in the Share Your Work forum as well.

Thank you.

Last edited:

CBeasy

I'm back baby!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
I've posted several possible articles that I'm trying to choose between to see which one I'm going to flesh out and send to a local weekly publication. The paper I'm sending it to is very alternative, liberal, and hip (if you will). I've already gotten some great feedback, but more is always appriciated.

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
I posted a query for a magazine in the query section of SYW. I would really appreciate any help. And, Freckles, I'll take a look at your essay for you.

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all, I posted a query in SYW query section that I would love some feedback on. I will check out SouthernGirl's and Freckles' postings. Thanks!!

Last edited:

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
Here is my entry from the February contest. I would appreciate ruthless, brutal, nit-picking critiques from anyone. I am especially interested in critiques from parents and/or folks who publish fillers in national magazines....but that said, I welcome ANY suggestions. I would really like to improve and start making some money from these things! :)

http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1116079#post1116079

Thanks in advance!

ltd.

ETA: Oh yeah, almost forgot! Market suggestions are also appreciated! ;)

Last edited:

ritinrider

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I posted my Feb. contest entry and in the words of ltd., " would appreciate ruthless, brutal, nit-picking critiques from anyone. I am especially interested in critiques from parents and/or folks who publish fillers in national magazines....but that said, I welcome ANY suggestions. I would really like to improve and start making some money from these things!"

Apologies to ltd. on borrowing her words, but she said it much better than me. And like her I would appreciate any suggestions and hopefully with some polish and fixing I will soon be selling articles to magazines.

Freckles

Oooh, the Rainbow Connection
Registered
Reaction score
I posted my Feb. assignment in the Nonfiction section as well. Thanks, all!!! :) I don't know what I'd do without AW!!

limitedtimeauthor

Super duper user
Registered
Reaction score
I posted my Feb. contest entry and in the words of ltd., " would appreciate ruthless, brutal, nit-picking critiques from anyone. I am especially interested in critiques from parents and/or folks who publish fillers in national magazines....but that said, I welcome ANY suggestions. I would really like to improve and start making some money from these things!"

Apologies to ltd. on borrowing her words, but she said it much better than me. And like her I would appreciate any suggestions and hopefully with some polish and fixing I will soon be selling articles to magazines.
You can borrow my words if you crit my little article! That's a fair trade, isn't it? :)

Here's the link for anyone else, and thanks to all who have commented! The jury is still out on whether it's worth even being an article, and I honestly don't want to waste an editor's time if the thing is too simplistic. No sense in giving them a bad first impression, right?
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1116079#post1116079

And BTW, as soon as I have some time I'll visit all of the other ones, too. Munchkin is home today so my concentration is kind of shot at the moment. :)

Thanks,
ltd.

Petroglyph

gestating a plot
Registered
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I too have a query up for critique, if you would be so kind. I will check out yours!