Favorite lines you've written

Charlie Horse

Speaking in metaphors
Registered
Reaction score
Website
imablogginghorse.blogspot.com
Current or in the past, what are your best lines? This is a little less restrictive than "your first 3 lines" or "last line you wrote today." Choose something from anywhere in anything you've ever written and take your best shot.

Here's one I'm rather fond of to get this started.

"With all due respect, sir, I don’t have the capacity for curiosity. If you wanted a curious robot you should have ponied up the extra credits and gotten the deluxe model.”

Moon Wolf

lol, this is actually a pretty weird one, but amoung my friends it's the first thing we say when we think of the character:

The three girls were cross-legged on the floor, a deck of cards and some chips laid out on the floor. Maufuki looked furtively over her cards at Lara. "You got any three's?"

"Maufuki!!!" Both girls cried out; Aklana grabbed the "T-Virus" Manual and smacked her over the head with it. (Maufuki cried out 'ow' again, and said "That hurt worse than the 'Time Machine!!' ") "That is NOT how you play poker!!!"

Dan Razor

Bringing Flanel back
Registered
Reaction score
Well it might not bea line, but it is the funniest phrase I had made so far. It was on a patch "I 69 NY"

[FONT=&quot]“Leave it to an omni powerful…thing, to tell you all you need to know.”[/FONT]

HeronW

Down Under Fan
Registered
Reaction score
Ikarias 1--from an evil sorceress to an assassin named Aria whom she doesn't like much:

"Feeling a little warm, assassin? Balefire does that, bastes you from the inside out. You have a few minutes left to enjoy your peaches and cream complexion. I'd tell you more but it would ruin the surprise. Let's just say you'll provide a good reading light for centuries."

Devil Ledbetter

Come on you stranger, you legend,
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
One of mine:
You’ve got to understand this stuff or you’ll be following your dick through life. Now, me and my dick, we’re walking side by side, seeing the sights, making decisions. He has a say, but he doesn’t get to lead.”

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
I was slightly bored so I came up with a few. I highlighted my favorite line; it sticks out in my mind for reasons beyond it's own meaning, though.

“You needn’t be the hero,” she said. “It isn’t your responsibility to save us all.”

“What does it say?” he asked. “I can’t read.”
“It says you are an ass reincarnated as a human being as a joke of the goddess,” Monat said smartly, wrenching her plaque from his hands.

“That tunic makes your blue eyes look beautiful,” Claudia said meekly.
“My eyes are gray,” Ceridwen said vaguely.

“Every man has his beliefs,” answered Cobbler with a smile. “I can only believe one thing at a time.”

“What if he wins?” she asked.
“I will set you free,” Benitus said. He was on his feet, too, hollering too loudly.
“And then what?”
He stopped yelling for long enough to shrug. “I had not thought that far.”

“That will be your epitaph, then? I’ll make sure it’s on your tombstone. ‘Buckets and buckets and buckets.’ ‘This is the final resting place of Calvinus, dead in the Great Fire of Rome, aged twenty-two years and still a virgin . . . ‘”

She turned, leaned against the railing, her eyes half-lidded. “Why are you so bitter?”

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
These are fun!

Here's one I enjoyed. Set up: Reply comes from a werewolf giving a cop crap for trying to protect his wife:

“You keep your god damned hands off of my wife or so help me…”

“What? There isn’t anything you can do. You’re nothing to me, not even a distraction. I could peel her like an orange while she screamed her lungs out and hold you under my boot the entire time.”

Pike

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
Mediocre becomes a mantra when you live it long enough, and every pure passion leaks away; it seeks a light you no longer have.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
From Invincible Pig.

My HIV-positive MC listens to his pastor father's sermon:

My father says, “In every man’s life, once or twice at the very least, I firmly believe he needs to find things to bless. Bless with his own, God-powered presence.”

I am my father’s son, so why is my blessing no more than a nicety after I sneeze?

TrishD

Registered
Reaction score
Website
trishdoller.com
Nick was indestructible. I was pretty sure if the Earth was decimated by a nuclear holocaust, the only things that would survive would be cockroaches, Twinkies and Nick Murphy.

Dan Razor

Bringing Flanel back
Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Here is another funny one. I haven't put in my bad ass lines yet.

“Well…f*ck. That is a lot to think about. One day, I am at a concert, the next I am in a world that has a dragon roaming around with a giant plan to reset a civilization’s ideology.”[/FONT]

Mungaiyin

Registered
Reaction score
Days passed, each one a replica if the one before it. The only variation was in the new girls admitted and others transferred to open sections. Faceless girls. Green and white checked shirts. Ticking skirts. Folded down socks lined up along the passage an arms length apart, disinguishable from each other only by size and strength and colour of language, which eventually painted us all in the same shade of muck.

Reactions: llyralen