• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Wolfson Literary Agency (Michelle Wolfson)

Krista G.

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Queried 11/3
Personalized rejection received 11/8

YA science fiction

Hopefully, that'll give everyone more information about where she's at in her queue.

neener

Cleaning is overrated
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janinesclayson.blogspot.com
Hm. I queried her 10/20. I wonder if I should assume no or resend or wait...

I'll probably wait. But dang, she's on the top of my list.

Ah. Reread her guidelines. Looks like this is an R.

channywax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
chansedg.blogspot.com
I'm sort of a newbie, so I don't know a lot that goes on around here! LOL But, your posts are all so helpful! :) I queried Michelle on December 20 with my YA urban fantasy and she requested the first 50 pages and 1-2 page synopsis on the 22nd. She wanted me to e-mail it back the first week of January! I would LOVE to work with her. I hope she likes it!!

Senora Verde

Teacher by day, YA writer by night
Registered
Reaction score

Wildflower90

Registered
Reaction score
Hey Chimita can I ask how you found out about that competition? I always hear about ones that have just closed so I'd love to be ahead of the game for once! Congrats on getting repped, and for an amazing story, so much better than just 'I got THE CALL' more 'I broke into the second story of my own house and got THE CALL' lol. Hope you moved that trampoline though, because if you could do it... :0)

chimita

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.monicabw.com
Hey Chimita can I ask how you found out about that competition? I always hear about ones that have just closed so I'd love to be ahead of the game for once! Congrats on getting repped, and for an amazing story, so much better than just 'I got THE CALL' more 'I broke into the second story of my own house and got THE CALL' lol. Hope you moved that trampoline though, because if you could do it... :0)

Hey Wildflower! :D

I always know about contests because I follow many people on twitter and I also follow many blogs. The news there spread fast! LOL.

You might want to follow Authoress' blog--she hosts a contest almost every month. (You can subscribe via email, or via RSS feed, too.)
http://www.misssnarksfirstvictim.blogspot.com/

Just so you know, I'll be doing a contest on my blog in April with some literary agents. I don't have an specific date yet, but soon I'll post something about it.
here's my blog:
www.monibw.blogspot.com

And thanks so much for your words! I'm so happy that you enjoyed reading my agent story! ;)

Sandsurfgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I just queried her. She sounds pretty great.

I feel sorry for her about the baby thing way back. I can relate. I thought I was going to be one of those moms that just kept on going after I had a baby. Then my baby nearly died in childbirth, I had pneumonia, and had a crash C section. He was premature, really sick and was hospitalized. Then he had severe colic and cried for hours at a time for 3 months. At 2 months we went for pictures and I remember being in such a daze I could barely get myself ready for the photos. So you never know what happens when someone gives birth. It can be traumatic or crazy and get in the way of everything else.

Louisa

Registered
Reaction score
wolson

I think here the problem is that she says that she will respond only if interested, but without giving a "maximum time limit", if you know what I mean. Usually, agencies who don't respond to queries, on their submission page give you a time such as 3 weeks etc, like "if we don't get back to you in 3 weeks, please assume etc". The fact that she doesn't specify it sounds a little weird to me, I mean, after all we all work very hard on our stuff, don't we? At least, we should when to give up hope ...:Shrug:

ether

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kelley-york.com
I think here the problem is that she says that she will respond only if interested, but without giving a "maximum time limit", if you know what I mean. Usually, agencies who don't respond to queries, on their submission page give you a time such as 3 weeks etc, like "if we don't get back to you in 3 weeks, please assume etc". The fact that she doesn't specify it sounds a little weird to me, I mean, after all we all work very hard on our stuff, don't we? At least, we should when to give up hope ...:Shrug:

Might be because it was only somewhat recently she switched over to the no-response method and hasn't thought about that. For what it's worth, she seems really quick when she requests stuff, though. (As in, a few days from query to request.)

DahlELama

Registered
Reaction score
Queried her in July and got a request for a partial that same day, but I haven't heard a thing from her since. I'm assuming it's a "no response is a no" situation, especially since it sounds like her MO. Sad because her turnaround for query response was awesome and she seems great.

sb2brown

Registered
Reaction score
Closed to submissions

Just thought I'd update in case anyone is looking to query. From the website:

WOLFSON LITERARY AGENCY IS CLOSED TO SUBMISSIONS

Effective immediately, Wolfson Literary Agency is CLOSED to submissions other than by referral or through conferences. I do not have a current estimate on when I will reopen. Stay tuned on Twitter, on my blog, and of course on this page.

If I have a partial or a full manuscript of yours, I hope this will speed up my response time. However, if you have not heard from me in 4-6 weeks, please feel free to check in with a polite email. I do plan to respond to everyone.

If you queried me prior to my closing on January 19, the usual rules will apply. I will respond only if I am interested and if you don’t hear from me after two weeks, you should assume it’s a no.

Thanks for your patience as I get through a backlog of material and focus on new and exciting opportunities for my existing clients. I hope to be able to reopen soon.

qdsb

Cynical Idealist
Registered
Reaction score
Update:

According to their blog, Wolfson is now open to queries again.

Happy querying!

IrisFlower81

Flower Girl
Registered
Reaction score
I just sent out a query today. Keeping fingers crossed that I actually hear back in some way, shape, or form.

Beckstah

Zen-ish
Registered
Reaction score
Oh hey, I had no idea she was open again. Will give her a try tonight.

Good luck, FCameron!

Eltondiva

Effieron Empress
Registered
Reaction score
Hi All
Does anyone knows the genres they represent besides YA. I see "mainstream" but I am not certain what that means. Thanks in advance.

FCameron

Registered
Reaction score
Website
definingyourhome.blogspot.com
According to Wolfson website:

Genres Wolfson Literary represents:

Fiction: Young Adult, Mainstream, mysteries, thrillers, suspense, women’s fiction, single title romance

Non-fiction: Fun, practical advice books in any area, but particularly those that are of interest to women. Relationships, parenting, health/medical, humor, pop-culture, narrative.

Website also says:

I tend to respond to queries VERY QUICKLY, anywhere from 5 minutes to 48 hours if I am interested. If you have not heard from me within 2 weeks, you should assume I think your query is well written and that your book sounds interesting but that unfortunately, it is just not right for me.

MokoBunny

Registered
Reaction score
Wolfson Literary Agency (Amy Stapp)

It seems she joined last year and is building her list. Anyone have any experience with her?