SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{Solunar}}}

I waited a long time to post in this thread (well, it only started 4 yrs ago, and I started querying back in 2003 for my various MSs), but still. Today, I am officially on submission as my agent sent out the first batch to editors.

I know the rejects will come, but at least at this small moment of time, it feels good.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Steve, woot, woot! A long time coming. So happy to see you here. :D

Astri

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the support Solunar, and hugs to you.

Welcome, Steve! :hi:

My agent is only subbing my two manuscripts at the same time because one is adult and one is YA, where the editors rarely overlap. Nor would I be competing with myself if they both miraculously sold, at least not with these two stories. (Though of course, I would go insane from all the work involved in coming out with double debuts... Oh, if only I had such a problem! ;) ) Otherwise she wouldn't sub two at once.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Agent got back to me. So far, so good with edits.
big-smile2-smiley.gif

AmyJay

Registered
Reaction score
Blehhh, found out about three R's today. :( They all liked and disliked different things about the book. Whenever that happens, it seems so impossible that there'll be someone who loves all of it.

Hi AmyJay. I'm totally new to the subs process, but from what Agent Awesome has told me is that she'll forward everything she hears from the editor throughout every stage. She stays in pretty close contact with the editors, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it depends on how much your agent shares with you re: the process. I know it's not very helpful, but it's all the info I've got.
MadDabbler, thanks! I'm new to all things subbing too, but I figured it was one of those "it depends" things - how much the editor passes along to the agent and then how much the agent passes along to you.

I like the "group project" metaphor. It makes the whole process make a bit more sense.

After reading the blurb, I feel like letting my mother read what I wrote, even though she's not very supportive of LGBT.... Urgh. Conflicted.

I know what you mean - my YA book is about a relationship between two guys, and my mom's first reaction to that was to question how appropriate that was for teenagers to read about. It really sucks, especially when you want to share your accomplishments but feel like you can't. Congrats on the blurb!

Noompsy

Ow
Registered
Reaction score
three hugs, chocolates and phhhhhhhhhhhht's for the three who turned you down AmyJay

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome to Hell, Steve, and have a spezna to celebrate. Sorry to hear that, AJ. You may need a spezna, too :-(.

Speznas all round, everyone!

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
{{{AmJay}}}

Yay, Snappy

Thanks again, everyone!

I've lurked in this thread for the longest, but it was a right-of-passage thing for me. I didn't want to post until I was on sub. Now, I really have nothing to say. LOL.

OL

Still a beach bum...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lisabrackmann.com
DGRIN!!! I went and "liked" ya.

((((solunar)))) and ((((AmyJay))))

And, WHOOO HOO, STEVE!!!!!

That's all I got right now. Very tired. Much to do. Not much energy with which to do it at the moment.

missesdash

You can't sit with us!
Registered
Reaction score
@Amy sucks about the R's. Especially conflicting ones. I ended up writing two different versions of my MS for my agent because I wasn't sure which direction to go on. She's currently reading both.

Better to get them all at once, though. I hate it when they come a few days apart.

triceretops

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
guerrillawarfareforwriters.blogspot.com
Thanks for the support Solunar, and hugs to you.

Welcome, Steve! :hi:

My agent is only subbing my two manuscripts at the same time because one is adult and one is YA, where the editors rarely overlap. Nor would I be competing with myself if they both miraculously sold, at least not with these two stories. (Though of course, I would go insane from all the work involved in coming out with double debuts... Oh, if only I had such a problem! ;) ) Otherwise she wouldn't sub two at once.

I'm in the exact same boat--agent sending out two at once--one, an adult thriller, and the other is a YA fantasy.

Tri

Peggy Blair

I like my snow hot.
Registered
Reaction score
Tomorrow I am going to be interviewed (taped) for The Next Chapter with Shelagh Rogers, which is a really big radio show in Canada for authors.

Could I possibly be under any more stress? (I know, that just tempts the gods to pile on some more of it.) Eep!

Last edited:

tracythewriter

Registered
Reaction score
{{{{Solunar}}}} :-( That sucks.

{{{Amy}}} At least it's not a single objective issue. You'll find the right editor!

Welcome Steve! Congrats on joining hell, and may you have a fast sale!

JBuck

Registered
Reaction score
Big hugs, Peggy!!! :gaah
*sending you waves of calm to help through the chaos*
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.