• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Beta on Kindle

How many people own a Kindle

• Yes I own one.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No I don't.

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • What is a Kindle?

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

sheridan3003

Registered
Reaction score
I heard about some folks who put their beta books out on Kindle for people to download and give comments.

I think this is a good idea, because it provides a forum for new authors to post a work and find out if people are willing to shell out the $0.99 to read the material.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the whole Kindle beta idea?

How many people here even have a Kindle?

newshirt

Almost competint
Registered
Reaction score
I feel that Microsoft Word is a better tool for beta reading. With the Track Changes feature, you can enter comments, delete and insert text, and give much more feedback. I assume you can do none of those things with a Kindle. The author sees these comments and editing suggestions at the right side of the page, where they can browse each one. That makes beta feedback very easy to use.

The Kindle is probably a fine device for reading books, although I don't own one. But I question if it compare with Word for providing beta feedback.

--ray

Status
Not open for further replies.