• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birdy22

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not looking for a beta reader, but for someone to read my very rough draft (or maybe just a section of it) and tell me if they think it has potential. I'm sort of new to the whole writing thing, and I have no idea if I'm on the right track or not. I know that my writing could probably use some heavy editing.

I'm writing a memoir about my experiences with mental illness and being delusional.

Anyone interested?

padnar

Registered
Reaction score
I suggest instead of writing a book
you can write your experience for
a magazine say Readers Digest .
I am willing to read it
I personally feel memoirs is difficult to sell
and you should not be further depressed
padma

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I'm not looking for a beta reader, but for someone to read my very rough draft (or maybe just a section of it) and tell me if they think it has potential. I'm sort of new to the whole writing thing, and I have no idea if I'm on the right track or not. I know that my writing could probably use some heavy editing.

I'm writing a memoir about my experiences with mental illness and being delusional.

Anyone interested?

I can't offer to read your memoir at this time (I have someone in my life who has bipolar disorder, and I feel reading anything along those lines is just too close to what I've gone through and are still going through).

But here's a site that has links to other sites on memoirs and memoir writing. Maybe it'll give you some ideas as to whether you're headed in the right direction:

http://www.kporterfield.com/memoir/Memoir_Index.html

Good luck to you. :)

~Nancy

HeidiHole

Tom Sanders
Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
I could offer some editing help. PM me if you haven't already found a reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.