JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Here you go... the goodies!

The GRAND PRIZE WINNER will receive:

Value: $15. A biweekly newsletter filled with about 50 pages of paying markets.
Value: $19.95. Their online database profiles over 650 poetry contests.
Value: $29.99. Thousands of searchable markets for all kinds of writing, plus a query tracker, industry updates, and more.
  • 1-year web hosting, domain name registration, and web design for the winner's web page(s), courtesy of our friends at Lenox Avenue (www.lenoxavemag.com), a semi-pro paying speculative fiction ezine.
Value: about $150. Nice, huh? For full details, see this post.
  • A copy of Make a Real Living as a Freelance Writer or Outwitting Writer's Block by Jenna Glatzer or Fear is No Longer My Reality by Jamie Blyth with Jenna Glatzer (http://www.jennaglatzer.com) -- your choice
Value: $14.95, $19.95, or 21.95, depending on which one you choose.

• A copy of either the Hollywood Representation Directory, Secrets of the Screen Trade: From Concept to Sale by Allen B. Ury, or Ask the Pros: Screenwriting (101 Questions Answered by Industry Professionals), Edited by Howard Meibach and Paul Duran, courtesy of our friends at the Hollywood Creative Directory/Lone Eagle Publishing (http://www.hcdonline.com) -- your choice
Value: Up to $64.95. The Hollywood Representation Directory is a guide to Hollywood talent and literary agents and managers, now in its 28th edition. [font=Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial, Helvetica][/font][/font]

The SECOND- and THIRD-PLACE WINNERS will receive 1-year subscriptions to the Absolute Markets Premium Edition, too!

• Industry exposure: Jenna will send out a press release to all the agents and editors she knows, and on PRWeb, to invite them to come check out the winners.
Value: Priceless.

Last edited:

edfrzr

Registered
Reaction score
Prizes

Can we forego all those wonderful prizes and opt for a night on the town with the very famous, very wealthy, very HOT Jenna. (that is if my wife will let me)

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
I'm not sharing you on a date with Ed. He might want a good-night kiss from me and you know where that can lead... Hmmm, to more story ideas. ;)

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How about someone who comes in second or third and already has a premium subscription because she (or he) is - oh, I don't know, a staff writer, say. Could there be an alternate prize for her - or him?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
!

Betty: :roll:

Jenna: You're starting to suck me in. You're doing such a wonderful job with this entire thing! Absolutewrite newsletter? Writer's Market?! My poor college student's bank account is watering at the mouth.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Betty, indeed there could. We can work that out when we get there. :)

Katie, y'ain't seen nothin' yet!

I might add that the lovely Katie Brogan, editor of the Writer's Market, is, like, moments away from giving birth to her first baby, yet found the time to e-mail me this morning to offer the subscription to our winner. How cool is she?

edfrzr

Registered
Reaction score
Prizes

Hey Dave, am I to understand you swing both ways--men and boys? Just kidding all. I hope I haven't offended anyone at Dave's expense. In fact, some of my best friends are named Dave.

Jenna, I'm certain that an evening with the four of us would be very educational. I might even larn how tu git mah boook in pint. Hey, you know a good agent?

didi768

Registered
Reaction score
katiemac said:
Betty: :roll:

Jenna: You're starting to suck me in. You're doing such a wonderful job with this entire thing! Absolutewrite newsletter? Writer's Market?! My poor college student's bank account is watering at the mouth.
Prizes for what? I'm a confused newbie here with a giant headache. OUCH. Is there a contest then?

firehorse

Living the Dream
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna:

(Or have I posted enough that I can now use a comma? ;))

These are amazing prizes. The one that really gets me motivated is the industry exposure - WOW! That's absolutely priceless, and very generous of you, too. [Is it parallel to use priceless and generous, given that generous implies a price?] ["absolutely" priceless doesn't make sense either; priceless is priceless] [I'm typing to myself and really need more coffee and fewer adverbs] :Coffee: :Coffee: :Coffee:

Because I already subscribe to WM and AW-P, and I have the Freelancer book, I was mostly looking forward to - should I be selected - the weekly challenges. Now I'm in it to win! :Jump:

And now I'm, uh, nervous.

-Sarah

mommie4a

Mother of All Addictions
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jillmillerzimon.com
JennaGlatzer said:
Industry exposure: Jenna will send out a press release to all the agents and editors she knows, and on PRWeb, to invite them to come check out the winners.
Value: Priceless.

I love that plural "winners" at the end - raised my eyebrows and made me think, hmmm - multiple grand prize winners? Nawww? But maybe an offer for more than just the grand prize winner...way generous, Jenna - that's just gotta be something you're born with!

Kevin Yarbrough

Will write for peace of mind
Registered
Reaction score
Jenna, I would be proud to offer my company for a night to the winner (female only, sorry Dave). They will have to come to my town and I will then show them the ropes. We can go cow tipping, cow pie flipping, and cow chasing. I will show them how to do all of this and also show them how to evade the bulls. We then can go spotlight deer hunting and I will show them how to do a quick feild dress. When all of this fun is done we can go back to my place for a nice tall glass of Bud, Bud Light, or better yet, Pabst Blue Ribbon. I will then show them how to chew tobaccy and spit in a can. I will bring out my old movies and make some popcorn.

How fun would this be?

What would make it even more fun is that I don't know how to do any of these, except make popcorn and drink beer.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
Kevin Yarbrough said:
How fun would this be?

Wow. Kevin. That's quite an offer! Quite an offer indeed! Gee, if I weren't married, and far far away from Illinois, and old enough to be your big sister, well, I'd wish I were.

:LilLove:

-pkpk

DaveKuzminski

Preditors & Editors
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
anotherealm.com
paprikapink said:
Wow. Kevin. That's quite an offer! Quite an offer indeed! Gee, if I weren't married, and far far away from Illinois, and old enough to be your big sister, well, I'd wish I were.

:LilLove:

-pkpk

ROFLMAO...OMGIFO!

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
JennaGlatzer said:
I might add that the lovely Katie Brogan, editor of the Writer's Market, is, like, moments away from giving birth to her first baby, yet found the time to e-mail me this morning to offer the subscription to our winner. How cool is she?

Kismet! (Kismet Kate?) I just happened to have right at the moment that I read this post from Jenna, my brand spankin' new copy of Writer's Market on my lap, while I wait for screens to load on my slow little Infernal Device, and I'm looking at Katie Brogan's photo, reading her "from the editor" about the stories her dad told her -- and now she's about to have a baby. Ahhh. And I was just pondering, do I sign up already at last for the online service, or wait till next month, since I just spent $30 on the book, and now I know I wait till I see if I may be a weiner. It's gotta mean something when you ask yourself a question and RIGHT THEN you get an answer from the internet. Something has gotta be meant by that. (Where's Richard? I think he interprets these things best.) ;)

-pkpk

edfrzr

Registered
Reaction score
cow tipping

KY--How dare you not include Davey K. Those are just a few of his FAVORITE things. Hang on--I just broke out in song. Okay I'm back. I wondered what was missing from this prize package--then a vision. The removal of back hair--that's it. Not only is it fun for the whole family , but later on we could knit a sweater. Females only need apply.

Also, I find it interesting that your initials are KY...Hmmmmm, you don't by any chance wear a glove do you?

Last edited: