Watch out for the Germans!

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
:ROFL: I'm not even past the opening credits and this anti-German propaganda film OPENS with music by a GERMAN! While the Liberty Bell tolls...

Warum nicht?

Makes me think on King Ottokar's Spectre; while Tintin in America and The Black Island were banned from Belgium during the Nazi ocuppation because their plots were set on enemy countries... while King Ottokar's was perfectly fine because occured in a fictional Balkan kingdom... that was trying to be annexed by their militaristic neighbor and something called the "Steel Guard" lead by a man called Müssler... go figure

Quoting Francisco Franco: "Have you ever met a censor who isn't a fool?"

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
You're making me nostalgic. My kids grew up on Belgian comics. Tintin and Astérix and Spirou and...

One of the great advantages of being bi-cultural and having access to French libraries.

Oh yes, your point. Yes, censors are idiots. Always have been. They tend to give great boosts to fantasy and science fiction and allegory as their critics just change the labels...

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
My dad and my dad's generation here in South America grew up with Franco-Belgian Comics, also with some Spanish ones like Mortadelo y Filemón. Wasn't until the 90's that DC and Marvel arrived here, mainly on the cartoons; but thanks to my dad and my great-uncle I have known the wonders of tha adventures of Tintin. I just hope Spielberg and Jack don't ruin it too much with the adaptation:

tintin-top.jpg

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
Ever seen Snatch? "What, you afraid of the Germans?"