• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Cameron Creswell Agency / Cameron's Management

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
For those interested in a great Australian Agency:

http://www.cameronsmanagement.com.au/aboutus.html

A member of the Australian Literary Agents' Association and in the top tier of agencies in Australia.

Submission guidelines are slightly different to US and UK based agencies and they only accept email submissions. The submission process comes in 'windows' throughout the year. When they catch up on backlog, they then call for submissions. It's a site you need to keep your eye on to get within the window of opportunity.

The turn around time is very quick. I submitted and received a reply in next to no time.

This is a quality agency so if you fit the bill for submission, go for it.

Anyway, all of this for your information.

JJ

Last edited:

tweetantra

Registered
Reaction score
Hi, I submitted my manuscript to Cameron Creswell Agency in Australia sometime back. Does anyone have an idea about their response time? I have read in numerous interviews given by agents from their agency that they do not like authors who poke them now and then asking for updates.

Any response for this query is much appreciated.

tweetantra

Registered
Reaction score
About Cameron Creswell Agency, Australia

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. I recently completed my first novel and sent it out to a few agents. One of those, Cameron Creswell Agency in Australia asked for the full MS. Does anyone have an idea about their response time? I have read in numerous interviews given by their agents that they do not like authors who poke them now and then asking for updates. I don't know whether I should ask them politely or not. Its been five months for me now that I submitted.

Any response for this query will be much appreciated.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Porting to Bewares and Backgrounds

Scarlett_AU

Registered
Reaction score
Hi tweetantra,
I have a full out with Cameron Creswell too. It has been three months but I have not followed up since they are very vocal about no follow-ups. Not sure who your MS is with, mine is with Sophie.

I have read of other people repped by CC who got responses fairly promptly - I am oscillating between being giddy that she still hasn't rejected me and worrying that 3 months probably means a no.

I would follow up after 6 months - I think that is long enough and not impatient at all. Just my two cents :)

Thanks,
S

Hi everybody,

I am new to this forum. I recently completed my first novel and sent it out to a few agents. One of those, Cameron Creswell Agency in Australia asked for the full MS. Does anyone have an idea about their response time? I have read in numerous interviews given by their agents that they do not like authors who poke them now and then asking for updates. I don't know whether I should ask them politely or not. Its been five months for me now that I submitted.

Any response for this query will be much appreciated.

Scarlett_AU

Registered
Reaction score
Hi again tweetantra,
I snooped around the CC website after I posted this and guess who changed their submission details et al. You may already know this, so my apologies if I am rehashing old stuff.They now do stuff through submittable - whaddya know! Perhaps you could write to them on this pretext and ask if they need you to resubmit or something seeing as they have new methods now and they specifically say to resubmit if you haven't heard back in 12 weeks?

Two more cents,
S

>>
Please submit according to the following guidelines
Format: Electronic submissions only – via
Submittable.
Content: Query letter + synopsis + the first 3000 words (approx) of the manuscript. Our query letter tips can be found here.
We will endeavour to respond to your submission within eight weeks. If you haven’t heard back from us within twelve weeks, please resubmit. We do not require that you submit to us exclusively, i.e. you may submit to other agents at the same time.

PRDavid

Sockpuppet
Banned
Richard Paolinelli Sock
Reaction score
Submitted to this agency on May 8.
Got a form rejection today.

*grabs hanky as Queen's "Another One Bites The Dust" plays in the background*

gambit924

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Hm...Do they take American writers? I am looking for someone to represent my screenplay. I will have to look into it, but it's not worth it if it's a right off rejection for being out of the country.

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hm...Do they take American writers? I am looking for someone to represent my screenplay. I will have to look into it, but it's not worth it if it's a right off rejection for being out of the country.

this

Screenwriters/playwrights: The agency does not accept unsolicited screenplays or plays.

Brilliant agency, though.