• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Ann Rittenberg Literary Agency

Popeyesays

Now departed. Rest in peace, Scott, from all of us
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Well, she has a snippy attitude toward genre fiction and synchronized swimming teams.I don't do much swimming at all, but I do write genre fiction.

Regards,
Scott

honeycomb

Caroline
Registered
Reaction score
Before or after Christmas, I can't remember, she sent me a handwritten rejection. Very nice.

Palmfrond

cereal killer
Registered
Reaction score
Ann Rittenberg is extremely competent, connected, and basically nice. She's also busy and has pretty high standards. She has done better with my first novel than I ever thought possible.

nicolesingslave

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
Website
nicolesingslave.buzznet.com

rebobinar

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mysteryrobin.blogspot.com
Her website is kind of hysterical. ;) Does anyone want to guess whether or not YA counts as "genre fiction?" I'm guessing no, but it also doesn't seem to be lit fic, so I'm not sure.

tessa

Registered
Reaction score
Her website says no genre fiction, but I just checked on PM and she's sold a few mysteries in the past 2 years and a romance/women's fiction. I'm going to go ahead and query her with my mystery.

Last edited:

Fae11

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone successfully queried this agency recently? I'm wondering about response times. I sent an equery on 6/27 and haven't heard anything. I'm assuming that's an R, but since submissions include three chapters, maybe the response times can be lengthy. Any experiences out there?