Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

CindyB

Registered
Reaction score
Jared and Jensen wanted more time with their families hence the shorter season.

They're only running 20 episodes this season. I'm not sure what that signifies. Hopefully it means not so much filler.

I was going to predict for episode #300 they'd bring back John, but then I heard somewhere it might be more meta/retrospective instead. I'm voting for clip show.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Quick derail regarding clip shows: yeah, overall they suck, unless you approach them the way Xena: Warrior Princess did. They not only ran clips from previous shows, they threw in clips from old Hercules movies and scenes from Spartacus. That's how you do a clip show. If Supernatural went in that direction, it might actually be funny. Especially if the scenes about John came from The Walking Dead.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Guess I've been paying less attention than I thought.

When/how did Jack lose his grace? Cas too? Who ganked Lucifer last season?

Jensen is a better actor than Jared, but (opinionated opinion) I won't miss Michael in Dean's meatsuit.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
I was flipping back and forth between it and the international
friendly soccer game, so I didn't see enough of it to notice. It wouldn't surprise me, though.

So since Michael has allied with the vamps, does that mean Benny's coming back too?

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Calla - Lucifer stole Jack's grace to power himself up. Dean, hosting Michael, killed Luci with the archangel blade. Cas should have his grace. I think he only got beat up and captured last night for plot reasons. Like the demon said, "That's your job."

Based on last night, and the pattern established by the last couple seasons, I predict Michael will hop into Nick's vessel and Dean and Sam will be back to saving people and hunting things before this month is over. Not only will that quickly snap the show back to the status quo, it'll keep fan fave Mark P. on the air, and as a bad guy, just the way we like him.

Which makes me wonder where the hell (if you'll pardon the expression) Nick has been all this time. I thought he died when Luci ditched him for Sam at the end of Season 5. So he survived? And then Crowley just grabbed him and shoved Lucifer back in there? Wouldn't Nick have had to give permission first? I'm overthinking all this again, aren't I?

Screw it. I'm going back to writing M/M erotic romance and picturing Dean and Cas as the leads. I take my yuks where I can find them.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Sigh. Enough with the hand-wringing already. When angst was Sam's SOP it got to be too much. Now *everyone's* doing it.

So: Lucifer, who of course isn't really dead, ignores Nick and says to Sam: 'Let me in and together we can save Dean.' The boys will do anything to save each other, Sam agrees, and we have Armageddon for real. All angels and all demons from both Universes square off against each other and the combined power destroys everything with the equivalent of 10,000 nukes. When the dust settles, we see a shot of Chuck opening a new Word doc on his computer.

J-E-T-S! Just End This Series.

Last edited:

angeliz2k

never mind the shorty
Registered
Reaction score
Commonwealth of Virginia--it's for lovers
Website
www.elizabethhuhn.com
It's definitely time. And for heaven's sake, they *do* have God in the mix, so make use of him as a device to bring things to an end. The boys go down in a blaze of glory, defeating Lucifer (or some other Big Bad, but Lucifer would be the best option, of course). They save the world and wake up maybe in the Impala and slowly get out, looking around, confused, and there's Chuck. "Hey, guys. You did a great job. It's done now. Time to take a load off." They sit on the hood, crack open a beer, and we pan out and away, and end scene/series.

SEE. All the elements are there already.

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Assuming last night wasn't a fake out, that has got to be the fastest snap back to the status quo in the history of this show. I was figuring three eps at least.

Before they join the Canceled Show Cavalcade, I'd like to see a crossover with Hell's Kitchen. I swear, Gordon Ramsay must be possessed by something.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
Assuming last night wasn't a fake out, that has got to be the fastest snap back to the status quo in the history of this show. I was figuring three eps at least.

Before they join the Canceled Show Cavalcade, I'd like to see a crossover with Hell's Kitchen. I swear, Gordon Ramsay must be possessed by something.

But, Gordon Ramsay is actually really nice in England.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score

It's likely a fakeout some way or another (even if it is Dean, Sam couldn't tell when he was possessed by that other angel), and I hope the next episode also shows that Sam doesn't buy it. Because if he does, he is officially the biggest idiot on the planet.

It's already insane that he didn't just stab Dean in the gut right then and there, if Nick survived Lucifer. Dean's recovered from worse.

Last edited:

TedTheewen

AW's Most Adorable Sociopath
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tedscreepyvan.blogspot.com
So far, nobody has given any indication this is the final season, but nobody has announced a Season 15 yet. Usually when they say "this is the final season" it's towards the beginning, and I think we're past that point for this season. And as long as we're all watching and talking about it, they'll keep making more.

Noizchild

Registered
Reaction score
Website
noizchild.neocities.org
So far, nobody has given any indication this is the final season, but nobody has announced a Season 15 yet. Usually when they say "this is the final season" it's towards the beginning, and I think we're past that point for this season. And as long as we're all watching and talking about it, they'll keep making more.

I hope not!

mewellsmfu

Registered
Reaction score
Whenever I tire of a show, I don't hope it's cancelled. If everyone had to watch only what I liked, there would be no anime. Where I grew up, anime and samurai soap operas were all that were on television. I didn't care for either. Still don't.

Diversity of tastes make the story-telling world go around. I'd never pray fervently for someone else's favorite to be cancelled because I'm over it. I simply don't watch it. And guess what? Having a show I don't watch or care about continue has no effect whatsoever on my life.

TedTheewen, I read an interview with a network official who said that as long as the main characters will keep doing the show, they'll keep renewing. That day will come at some point, but I don't think this is the last season. I also know bupkis about how they make their decisions because almost every show I like when the new seasons premiere are cancelled. So, there's that.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Watched some of last night's ep in between football. Yawn. Also still not fully believing Michael's left Dean. An archangel should be able to hide in a corner of Dean so not even Cas can sense hnm.

There I go, being all silly and expecting canon and logic.